The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-17-2002, 04:07 PM   #1
bartman
not really bart

What's up with American's ON response?

I went to Houston on business last week, and on the flights on the way there, I noticed their monitors that show what seats are assigned when you check in. No big deal, right? One of the things that caught my eye was this box titled "ON response" and had a name and a seat number listed. Turns out, on the first flight that the seat listed was right next to mine. I suspected that it was their air marshall tracking system, the first guy totally seemed like a fed to me. Even the book he was reading, "The Bureau and the Mole" seemed like a book a fed would read. If he was incognito, he didn't do a very good job, and neither did the airline. If he was supposed to be there to neutralize a threat, I don't know how good of a job he'd be able to do in a window seat 25 rows back from the cockpit, much less while he was asleep. Anybody knows what gives with this "ON response" thing on American Airlines?
bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
russotto
Professor

Re: What's up with American's ON response?

Maybe he was the decoy, supposed to appear to be a Fed to any potential hijackers, but much cheaper than an actual Fed?
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote