FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I've tried to go back after a particularly bad case and try to know if it was something that's like "oh, yeah the last time I ate so-and so I hurt like hell" but, I can't come up with anything consistent, or severe, enough to recall.

The worst flare up I've had was (perhaps coincidentally) after a particularly lengthy beer binge. But, uh, I (ahem) drink me some beer on occasion, (shocking, I know) and it doesn't flare up regularly from that.
I'm ok with beer, red meats, liquor. But I've had my last scallop and I remember loving scallops. Cured meat, like salami can only be enjoyed in small portions. And the other day I put a tin of smoked sardines on a salad and I thought I was gonna die and I was afraid I wouldn't. It felt like I'd broken my foot, I had to use my Mom's spare cane kept at the house here to walk to the bathroom and everywhere else for a day. The weight of the bedsheet on the top of my foot hurt so bad it made me think of a blacksmith hammering on my white hot iron toe. No more smoked sardines. Ever.