The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

A freaky thing happened to me one day...

I thought I'd start this thread to tell each other strange and unusual personal stories. I mostly started this to tell a story about something incredibly strange that happened to me today. I've got a couple of more of these, and I'm very interested in yours.

After getting on this board, I was feeling a bit nostalgic. A long time ago, when I first got out of college, I was barely scraping by. I had a very small apartment which I shared with 2 other guys. It was too small to hold all my stuff, so I got a storage unit. Times got tough and I let my bill lapse on the unit and they sold my stuff. Among my stored items was a box containing family photos, my yearbooks from junior high through high school, and my high school diploma.

I looked online to see if someone happened to have a Don Lugo High 85-86 or Basic High 87 yearbook for sale. As luck would have it, I found someone with an ebay store that had a Basic High yearbook from 1987. They were selling it for close to $100. I kicked down the money and today it arrived in the mail.

As I opened the package, I wondered whose book I'd end up getting, and thought I might contact them if I could to let them know I had the book. When I opened the package and took the book out, the memories came flooding back. Then when I opened the cover of the book, I got a huge shock...

It was my own yearbook. It had my signature in the first page, and all the signatures of people wishing me to have a great summer, or a good future. HOLY CRAP!!!

The book was sent from a company in Washington State. I sent this guy an email asking if he had my other stuff, and offering to buy it.

I can't help thinking to myself what the odds were that out of the hundreds of yearbooks sold at my school that year, 20 years later on a random ebay site, I'd happen to buy the 1 book that was my own.

Freaky eh?