The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #436
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

It's too bad they don't read too well in the south. California is certainly better than every southern state combined, and the most poorly educated Mexican here is more intelligent and classy than the best redneck from down there.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #437
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
But not the migration of any other people that states choose to admit.
The people in question were slaves that the states chose to admit. The migration of them (movement) refers to moving slaves from one state to another. No "people" other than slaves were discussed in that clause.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #438
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
and the most poorly educated Mexican here is more intelligent and classy than the best redneck from down there.
Way to really stick it to 'em Radar.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #439
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Georgia is starting to arrest them and have them deported by ICE. Since they are here illegally they don't have much recourse. The state is also going after the businesses. All good stuff.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #440
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
The people in question were slaves that the states chose to admit. The migration of them (movement) refers to moving slaves from one state to another. No "people" other than slaves were discussed in that clause.
Nothing in the passage supports that claim.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #441
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Everything in the passage supports it. It talks about the migration of slaves and the importation of slaves, and the fact that the federal government can't abolish slavery before 1808 but may charge a tax or duty for them.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #442
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Georgia is starting to arrest them and have them deported by ICE. Since they are here illegally they don't have much recourse. The state is also going after the businesses. All good stuff.
Instead of the minuteman project, maybe I should join a Patriot Project where we take up arms against members of the unconstitutional ICE department and allow the immigrants to cross the border unmolested.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #443
lookout123

Maybe you should. It would draw your issue to a head. You would then have the finest lawyers and constitutional scholars debating the issue in the public realm and the issue can be put to rest.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #444
TheMercenary

Quote:
Instead of the minuteman project, maybe I should join a Patriot Project where we take up arms against members of the unconstitutional ICE department and allow the immigrants to cross the border unmolested.
I would love if you would, that is actually a grand idea. And as lookout stated, after you are arrested by the Border Patrol and put in prison for supporting illegal criminals you can challenge all of your fantasies in a court of law. I think it would be a good thing for you. You probably don't pay taxes either.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #445
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Crap, we'd have to pay for his lawyer.....

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #446
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular.joe View Post
Crap, we'd have to pay for his lawyer.....
Ugggggggggg... No we wouldn't, he told me earlier in this thread as he was in the Military for four years, got out and now makes more money than most general officers. So I say since he will be involved in smuggling more illegal aliens into the country we just get the feds to go seize all his assets, money, house, cars, whatever. Then we could use it to pay his public defender.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #447
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I would love if you would, that is actually a grand idea. And as lookout stated, after you are arrested by the Border Patrol and put in prison for supporting illegal criminals you can challenge all of your fantasies in a court of law. I think it would be a good thing for you. You probably don't pay taxes either.
I don't think a dead border patrol agent is going to be able to arrest me.

Also, I pay plenty of taxes. I'd even pay income taxes if you or anyone can show me the law that compels me to do so. Joe Bannister, John Turner, and Sherry Jackson are all former IRS agents who quit their jobs when they couldn't find that law. When they asked the IRS to show them the law that compels us to pay income taxes so they would know they were doing the right thing, they were told they could resign and were not shown any law.

The government is my servant, and I am its master. If my servant doesn't abide by my rules (The U.S. Constitution) I will stop feeding the servant until he gets his act straight.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #448
lookout123

Quote:
absolutely brilliant retort rambo. Your faith in your convictions is so weak that you would kill a guy doing his job rather than take the chance that the law doesn't support your view?

Quote:
they were told they could resign and were not shown any law.
People are allowed to resign from jobs all the time. Often they are encouraged to do so when their mindset doesn't mesh well with the task at hand. That doesn't necessarily prove them right.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #449
TheMercenary

Quote:

Also, I pay plenty of taxes. I'd even pay income taxes if you or anyone can show me the law that compels me to do so. Joe Bannister, John Turner, and Sherry Jackson are all former IRS agents who quit their jobs when they couldn't find that law. When they asked the IRS to show them the law that compels us to pay income taxes so they would know they were doing the right thing, they were told they could resign and were not shown any law.

The government is my servant, and I am its master. If my servant doesn't abide by my rules (The U.S. Constitution) I will stop feeding the servant until he gets his act straight.
So now you are threatening to kill a border patrol agent who tries to arrest you....

And you admit to not paying taxes...

You have issues.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #450
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Everything in the passage supports it. It talks about the migration of slaves and the importation of slaves, and the fact that the federal government can't abolish slavery before 1808 but may charge a tax or duty for them.
No, it doesn't mention slaves. Slavery can be inferred, but only in relation to the importation and duties, not in relation to migration. "Migration" as the forcible movement of slaves between states is a construct you brought in, not one that is in the passage, especially to the exclusion of all other types of migration.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote