Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Bottom line. Leave them alone. Stop trying to co-opt this event for political gain and for Obama's next election. Most people see through that BS. Note it as historical event. Don't ask questions. And move on about your business. There are new fish to fry.
The best way to note it as an historical event is in form of a resolution in the Congressional Record.

Damn.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
monster
I hear them call the tide

OK, I know nothing about this business but I've been told I'm a bleeding heart liberal.... and yet it appears I'd be expelled from the bleeding heart business if I said I want the government to get the fuck on with passing bills that help with the current economical situation and stop efffing about with passing bills that are essentially proclamations on done deals....
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
The best way to note it as an historical event is in form of a resolution in the Congressional Record.

Damn.
Oh, yea, just in case someone were to frigging forget. Now you get a grip. That is nothing more than political BS spin. I can name a hundred military milestones that got no such recognition.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
OK, I know nothing about this business but I've been told I'm a bleeding heart liberal.... and yet it appears I'd be expelled from the bleeding heart business if I said I want the government to get the fuck on with passing bills that help with the current economical situation and stop efffing about with passing bills that are essentially proclamations on done deals....
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #20
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Wow.

Ten minutes to say "thanks guys" for the historical record is just too much.

ps
At the same time that Committees are doing the work of crafting and developing legislation. Multi-tasking.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #21
monster

Quote:
Wow.

Well you posted as I was posting and I did note that I knew nothing about it....

really? only 10 minutes?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #22
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Well you posted as I was posting and I did note that I knew nothing about it....

really? only 10 minutes?
Its written in advanced, agreed upon in advance, read on the floor, no debate, then voted on.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post

AND you don't know who actually did the mission do you? Fool.
Yes, I do. Just because I use shorthand on the internet, doesn't mean I'm stupid.

The team that carried out this mission were Joint Special Operations Command Navy SEALs, officially called Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but more commonly referred to as SEAL Team Six.

Now, would you like to show us that you know what a Resolution is, and how this particular resolution would:

1. Expose to the public a "God Damm thing that goes on during these missions. . . details [or] arm chair quarterbacking bull shit."

2. [Ruin] these peoples careers by giving them recognition." Prevent them from the ability "to continue to do what they do and [not] become political pawns in Obama's game for re-election!"

I'll even give you a hint. Here's the Resolution:

http://bennet.senate.gov/newsroom/pr...F-02A602F3BB10
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #24
TheMercenary

Quote:
Wow.

ps
At the same time that Committees are doing the work of crafting and developing legislation. Multi-tasking.
That is why political pukes don't understand. Leave them alone. They don't want recognition. They don't get or expect medals. They don't want to meet with Obama. Do any of you understand what the hell clandestine or secret actually means? This action is about to totally fuck these peoples careers and take them away from what they love to do.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #25
monster

Quote:
Its written in advanced, agreed upon in advance, read on the floor, no debate, then voted on.
So the people writing it in advance etc... what would they be doing otherwise, and how long does all the agreement process take?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #26
monster

Is it really, actually going to name them?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #27
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Merc, was that your old unit? I saw someone mention it somewhere else in one of the other threads. I was just wondering.

I'm assuming that if it was, then you'd be in a position to say what the men in the unit might and might not want. Right?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #28
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Yes, I do. Just because I use shorthand on the internet, doesn't mean I'm stupid.

The team that carried out this mission were Joint Special Operations Command Navy SEALs, officially called Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but more commonly referred to as SEAL Team Six.

Now, would you like to show us that you know what a Resolution is, and how this particular resolution would:

1. Expose to the public a "God Damm thing that goes on during these missions. . . details [or] arm chair quarterbacking bull shit."

2. [Ruin] these peoples careers by giving them recognition." Prevent them from the ability "to continue to do what they do and [not] become political pawns in Obama's game for re-election!"

I'll even give you a hint. Here's the Resolution:

http://bennet.senate.gov/newsroom/pr...F-02A602F3BB10
I don't give a shit what you think.

You are wrong.

This is BS.

It is going to do nothing more than turn them into political pawns for Obama. These people worked their whole lives for these operations. They don't need this BS.

Oh, and I see you let Google be your friend and you finally got the unit right....
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #29
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
So the people writing it in advance etc... what would they be doing otherwise, and how long does all the agreement process take?
I would guess a staff person wrote it. One party leader's staff calls the other party's staff person, they both agree on it and take it to their party caucus lunch . Someone reads it while they eat their Navy Bean Soup so every member can hear it and its a done deal and in the Congressional Record.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #30
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I agree that doesn't name anyone we don't already know about