The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #46
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i was just sayin, that if you speak with no punctuation, the way you type.....you might come off as alarmist, and they won't take you seriously.

I'm no grammar nazi, believe me.....but a comma and a period in the right spot can make all the difference.

the lumbernet? well......my computer is made entirely out of wood. i am allergic to glass and metal.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #47
grassy
Dog O'Nine Tails

Cool Hey

Hey any you guys in the -------? if you want to come to the northeast, help me defend my wood-pile, we'll take you trout fishing, and give you all the beer you can drink! or maybe i'll call earth first, and sit right on it, like a mushroom, and wait until the local news arrives. dont know which way to go? grassy- aka the nutter
grassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #48
grassy
Dog O'Nine Tails

Ha ha ha

Your right lumberjim, i do type like that!ha ha ha. It's because i'm always in a hurry to go nowhere!LOL cindy
Old 01-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #49
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'll drive up but I need like a half-cord of wood or whatever I can fit in the reduced-size truck bed.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #50
grassy
Dog O'Nine Tails

Cool hello undertoad

thanks for answering you could sit with me, i'll be the mushroom you be the toad, we have to see what happens, my father is very sick, and may pass away before the con man makes a move on the wood, he could only get in there now with heavy equipment he only took home 5 cords, out of 30, so there is still 25 cords of nice tree length firewood, just drying, on MY PROPERTY, i am on the deed with my father, i need that wood, not that sleazeball, he has no Right to It!@! maybe i will sit on it this spring, but i think the chain with all the keepOUT signs will scare him off, because he has taken (Been Given) by a drunk old man, so much stuff, he is a candidate for elderly exploitation, and i think he knows it!!!!! if we knew when he was coming it sure would be fun to meet him there, thanks, grassy aka the nutter
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #51
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

If you are on the deed, problem solved, file a complaint with the police and have them take out a warrant.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #52
grassy
Dog O'Nine Tails

Wink wood?

Wood is becoming a valuable commodity up here in the Northeast now. Due to the high heating oil prices. Is anyone old enough to remember the oil crisis of the 1970's? I was just a kid, but people here were stealing wood, and stoves out of camps. Its a shame. Today the oil company released RECORD profits. I think it was said record profits of any company ever! I am a woman and wood does not interest me in the least, but i had to learn about it . Wood runs in my boyfriends family. His father managed millions of acres of woodland for the huge paper company. My dog is named Woody. But for someone to cut down thirty cords of trees, and DO all that work. Cut the trees up. Load the trees in the pick up. Unload the logs. Then cut and split the wood one last time. One more step. Put it in the house. That is ALOT of WORK! That is a SCAVENGER. cindy
Old 02-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #53
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I had some ice cream for dinner.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #54
grassy
Dog O'Nine Tails

Talking You did?

You did? what flavor? cindy
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #55
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Rocky Road!
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #56
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Hey Grassy Cindy,
This story is actually about Britney Spears, but is exactly what you need.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7223625.stm

Quote:
Singer Britney Spears has had control of her estate and her own welfare taken from her, under order of a court.

SNIP

A court creates a conservatorship when a person cannot care for himself or herself or handle their own affairs.

SNIP

The conservators will have power over the 26-year-old singer's liquid assets and can bar people from visiting her, officials said.

The Los Angeles court also placed a restraining order on Spears' manager Sam Lutfi, and gave permission to change the locks on her estate and remove anyone who was there.
Get a lawyer, now, before your father is picked bare and dumped. A chain across the driveway is not going to even slow down a parasite like the one you are dealing with.