Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #196
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah View Post
I don't remember how much fentanyl I was on, but it didn't help much beyond minor aches and pains. The thought of slapping multiple patches on did occurre to me until the nurse said it can make you very ill. I never even finished them all; the adhesive nuisance was worse than the minimal pain relief.
You may have just been on the wrong dose. I have some friends with chronic intractable pain and they work very well, if you can get someone to perscirbe them for you.

Patches are available that deliver 25 micrograms (mcg), 50 mcg, 75 mcg, and 100 mcg per hour
Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #197
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Fentanyl is a completely different med from Morphine. Almost no one is allergic to it. It has equipotent equivalent of about 100 times morphine. It is wholely synthetic. You really need to check this out.

Check out these links.

http://www.webmd.com/search/search_r...Fentanyl+Patch
I've been on the patch, I had a very BAD reaction. I'm not allergic, just can't sleep and it affects my mood drastically.
I don't even remember the last few days & it burned my skin pretty badly. It helped with the pain though.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #198
rkzenrage

Busted rib...
Don't know if I pulled it away from the connective tissue, tore a tendon or fractured it... but I am not doing so hot on my left side.
Just putting my socks and shoes on, not the first time I have hurt myself doing that, particular, chore either.
Kinda' pathetic when one has to think of something so trivial as a chore.
It is in the middle of my back and swelling a lot now. My son wanted me to play with him today and I could not... not even the little things I can do normally. I am VERY depressed right now. It has been a tough week and this was the last fucking thing I needed.
I had a surgical procedure earlier in the week, not a fun one... I won't go into it now.
Bitch done.

Edit:

On a good note, we had some friends over for a very fun time today, even though I was grounded in my chair and getting worse the whole time. Went to a park and had an egg ... they called it a hunt, more of a scary-ass-free-for-all. But, my son loves animals and there were some of his favorites. Strange thing happened. The people who had the insect and reptile tables did not know about the stuff they were showing, I guess they just worked for the city.

As I was describing things for my son (he was standing on my batteries and I was slowing moving along so he could see into the glass cases of bugs and jars of dead snakes, etc) kids and adults started following us and asking questions. Finn was even answering some, my son is three. Finally the lady sitting at the table asked if I was a scientist.
Seriously, I was not giving latin names or anything like that.
I just grew-up here and know about the flora and fauna of the area, normal stuff.

Finn and I were just doing son and dad stuff, I was not projecting or anything... it was very strange.
The really weird thing about it was, being that my rib is swelling and I'm talking and trying to control my chair with my right hand, watch Finn (so he does not fall or grab something) and try to move as little as possible (those of you who have had a busted/bruised/torn rib issue know what I mean by that) and breath as shallowly as possible...
I did not notice what was happening until, about, the third or fourth question.
Then, it was too late, we were in the "group" and there was nothing to do but go with the flow until the tables ended....
I am not fond of being trapped, though I did not feel threatened or anything like that... just surprised a bit, and very hemmed-in.

After the insane grab for eggs... perhaps I'll write about that later, but this hurts like hell.
We went home with our friends (they have two kids), colored eggs... I instructed from the couch... and was VERY good!
Not one peep about how the church stole all the good pagan holidays and that this is a great sex holiday we should be really celibrating... but I was THINKIN' IT!... They know, anyway. Not in front of the kids... until they are five...ish

My wife hid the eggs while I lorded over the island of Sodor and slowly realized that I had not just "twinged" something in my side, that I had, indeed, fucked-up again, and pondered on how long I could get away with not telling Kan when she came in and asked me why I was hurting so badly.
Kids hunted eggs, found small gifts that they treated like free cars (hell, some were), they ate and griped at me for not eating, then for being too sick to eat, then apologized for saying that, then asked how they could help, then asked how one breaks a rib putting on a shoe, gets confused by the answer and agrees to drop it. Everyone is very tired and I am content that I have had friends over for the first time in a very long time...
...Then Kan starts to feel bad, very bad, I get up and try to help her, start to swell, she gets mad, takes a bath, has a high fever, calls the Dr. but then won't go to the emergency room when he tells her to.
Dad comes and gets my son, and here I am, in bed with a lap-top... the lady at the emergency room thinks I should come in and get an x-ray, but I don't want to leave my wife.
Lot of ups and downs.
May seem mundane to you guys, but for a guy who spends a lot of his life unable to get out of bed, an eventful day with a lot of ramifications.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 04-08-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #199
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The theatrical training is paying off.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #200
rkzenrage

I still don't get that.
Also, if you dislike me so much, why are you in this thread?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #201
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Quote:
I'm talking and trying to control my chair with my right hand, watch Finn (so he does not fall or grab something) and try to move as little as possible (those of you who have had a busted/bruised/torn rib issue know what I mean by that) and breath as shallowly as possible...
Acting normal.

Quote:
why are you in this thread?
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2007, 02:02 AM   #202
rkzenrage

Yes, acting normal so I don't upset my son who sees his father in pain every day, but does get upset on days where it is worse than others...
Especially when he gets to go out with his dad and play with other kids with me with him.
He knows if I start to hurt badly it is a sign we may have to go very quickly and it will ruin his day because he will worry the whole time that we are about to leave. So I try to hide it from him, and I am very shy about being in pain in public as well because I hate pity.

You are a dick.

You go ahead and post in here, this thread is done for me and I am fairly sure you have had your way as far as what you really want, me out of the Cellar.
You may now celebrate.
You're being a little bitch, chasing me around like a kid annoyed me off the board.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 04-08-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:15 AM   #203
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

HTML Code:
this thread is done for me
Again?

I'm a dick, huh? Your questioning what I'm doing in a thread, so I give you one of your own thread bombs you find so funny, instead of telling you the fuck off....and I'm a dick. Please don't eat me.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #204
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

rk, you need to know that you're the one being a dick. With his "theatrical ability" comment, xoB was complimenting you on your ability to remain steadfast to your son and others.

In your pain, I'm guessing you are a little unfocused and not parsing everything carefully. You need to know that people are giving you some slack on this already, and avoid striking out at people. It will not help you, nor will it help anyone, for your pain to turn into getting randomly pissed at others trying to compliment you.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #205
rkzenrage

He has already used acting as an insult.
It is clear how he feels about those in my profession and me, personally.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #206
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bullshit, I've got nothing against anyone because they happen to be in any of your former professions. I said your schooling in theater doesn't equip you to be an expert on theology, and seminary prep turned theater prep is moot.

I also said your theatrical training has helped you try to create the illusion that religion is oppressing you. Claims like you couldn't hold office in what was it 14?..17?.. whatever states, because your not a Christian. That's nothing but theatrics and absolutely untrue..... but you knew that.

You seem to think I hate you. Quite the opposite, I pity you.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #207
rkzenrage

I have studied religion and theology for over twenty years as a personal hobby since leaving formal study.
I have had professors, ministers and reverends ask my help with research on many occasions. I teach adjunct modules at the local community college on the Bon and Buddhist history of Tibet and how it relates to Christianity for a professor that is more than capable, but he feels I am more informed than he for the question and answer sessions.
Writing is, in no way, covered in theatrical training.

What you read into my posts about you is irrelevant, I don't care what you feel or think about me. Your little crusade of following me around is sad and makes no sense.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #208
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Running to the library and sharpening pencils doesn't make you and expert, even if you read over their shoulder. With all this expertise, why would you resort to broad brush condemnations and complete fabrications.

Community colleges will take anybody that will work cheap, especially on filler subjects that nobody cares about. Went to college? Well then you can teach third world religions, who's going to know the difference

You should really see a shrink about your persecution complex, you're becoming irrational .... pity.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #209
rkzenrage

Of course... you are right. Must be, those colleges suck, you have great evidence & you have so much invested in it, you have to be. Have a good time with that.
LOL!
Funny how you take this attitude with two disabled people in a row... you are not the first I've come across who we remind of their mortality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvUXbx6pygk
Old 04-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #210
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Disabled? Who's disabled?