The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 10-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey, welcome to the Cellar TucsonTom.
Is there a Tucson Texas? Are you a transplant? Or just liked the ring of the name for your restaurant?

Hamburgers have become the symbolic of fast food chains and the country polarized over whether they are a convenience or the devil's spawn.

Bill Cosby does a great bit about the neighbor kids going to McDonald's and he had to settle for one of Mom's burgers.
People that are down on burgers don't see them as a nutritious meal of burger(meat), bun(potatoes/starch), salad(tomato,onion,lettuce,pickle) with dressing(special sauce).
I think the trouble is fries, shakes, onion rings, desserts, huge multi-burger concoctions, are tempting. But the problem is, peoples inability to understand the danger of, and resist, stuffing their faces. Gets off soapbox
Quote:
Just look at the difference between our burger and Denny's There is no comparison.
I don't know about the rules for competition, but as for appearance of just the burger, Denny's looks like my idea of a burger the way we made them, whereas yours looks like it was stamped out on a production line. I know it wasn't, but you see, that's my image of good burgers, which is exactly the opposite of Bill Cosby's kid in the sketch. Just personal preference and prejudice.

btw, I hope the flooding hasn't caught up with you. I saw a bunch of pictures of Chantaburi and even moving the elephants at Ayutthaya.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #32
TucsonTom
Neophyte-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Hey, welcome to the Cellar TucsonTom.
Is there a Tucson Texas? Are you a transplant? Or just liked the ring of the name for your restaurant?

Hamburgers have become the symbolic of fast food chains and the country polarized over whether they are a convenience or the devil's spawn.

Bill Cosby does a great bit about the neighbor kids going to McDonald's and he had to settle for one of Mom's burgers.
People that are down on burgers don't see them as a nutritious meal of burger(meat), bun(potatoes/starch), salad(tomato,onion,lettuce,pickle) with dressing(special sauce).
I think the trouble is fries, shakes, onion rings, desserts, huge multi-burger concoctions, are tempting. But the problem is, peoples inability to understand the danger of, and resist, stuffing their faces. Gets off soapbox I don't know about the rules for competition, but as for appearance of just the burger, Denny's looks like my idea of a burger the way we made them, whereas yours looks like it was stamped out on a production line. I know it wasn't, but you see, that's my image of good burgers, which is exactly the opposite of Bill Cosby's kid in the sketch. Just personal preference and prejudice.

btw, I hope the flooding hasn't caught up with you. I saw a bunch of pictures of Chantaburi and even moving the elephants at Ayutthaya.
Born and raised in Houston Texas. The name is just one used on some boards no to conflict with Bob's BBQ. Thank You for your comments.

No flooding here but it has been up in the northern part of Thailand.
TucsonTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Glad you're dry.
Some of the Cellar members travel through Thailand once in a while, maybe one of them will stop and say, Howdy.
In the mean time, you're a member now so don't forget to check in when you can.