The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 03-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #16
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashke
The golden crane screen is very nice though. Maybe you can think of them as conversation pieces...
Fred (the new arrival) seems to have stolen the limelight in that department - the other pieces hardly get a chance of a mention now....

...added to that there is, of course, the wife element - she's never been known to be short of the odd word or a thousand...!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
The golden crane screen is very nice though. Maybe you can think of them as conversation pieces...
Won't it get tiresome having conversations that start out with, "So, CF...how long since the Mrs. has gone 'round the bend?"

I actually like all the stuff, except for the lampshade. As to the trampoline, please tell me she bought the kind with the mesh enclosure intended to prevent launching oneself into the the pond or through a nearby barbeque grille?

We have a long running program here in the States called "America's Funniest Home Videos", which seems to derive a significant portion of its content from trampoline mishaps.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #18
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Hmm, that might explain the strange way guests depart. Never did quite understand the hug and the 'never mind' whisperered into my ear, just before they went out the door...

I tried to inject some modicum of common-sense into the purchase, so, no, Mrs CF hasn't bought an enclosure. She has gone for a fairly wide circular jobbie which is just under 3 times her height (just a tad under 5 ft - her height that is, not the trampoline width, in case you were calculating the wrong way and concluding I had some strange height fetish), which she assures me is all she needs. Who am I to know? Wifey used to 'do' the trampoline at school and it has always been nigh impossible to pass a playground where there's one available throughout our married life. I've checked the insurance policies are up-to-date anyway. just to be on the safe side...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #19
jojo
is anyone home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance
it has always been nigh impossible to pass a playground where there's one available throughout our married life. I've checked the insurance policies are up-to-date anyway. just to be on the safe side...
you have them on playgrounds!! wow, that would NEVER be allowed over here. i can just see the long, long lines of people waiting to throw themselves off and sue for damages! seriously, if you tell your insurance agent here that you have a trampoline, they can drop you right then.http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Why_is_a_tr..._to_cancel_you
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #20
Elspode

When I was a kid, there was a recreation center that had miniature golf, some carnival games...and several trampolines that were level with the ground. They were stretched over shallow pits and surrounded by asphalt walkways. If you bounced off, you'd land on asphalt. Needless to say, it has been gone for a very long time now.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #21
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo
you have them on playgrounds!! wow, that would NEVER be allowed over here. i can just see the long, long lines of people waiting to throw themselves off and sue for damages! seriously, if you tell your insurance agent here that you have a trampoline, they can drop you right then.http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Why_is_a_tr..._to_cancel_you
Took a bit of prosaic licence, there - the playgrounds were generally found abroad - in Spain mainly where we Brits love to go to enjoy cheap booze and too much sun!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #22
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
When I was a kid, there was a recreation center that had miniature golf, some carnival games...and several trampolines that were level with the ground. They were stretched over shallow pits and surrounded by asphalt walkways. If you bounced off, you'd land on asphalt. Needless to say, it has been gone for a very long time now.
We used to have them at the summer camp I attended. The trampolines were about 6x4 (maybe) and made from canvas strecthed over a pit with springs. On a hot day if you sat near the edge of the pit, the displaced air would blow out from the pit like a large fan.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 AM   #23
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

tell your lovely wife to keep her hairy bits away from those dangerous springs... as a kid all i remember about our trampoline.. trabopoline.. was the excrutiating pain of those bloody springs pulling out a long blonde lock of hair from my head in the middle of a 1/2 twist knee bomb. damn things.

Chris certainly has a talent for words, as do you my friend.

Ooh and if your decor is turning oriental... you may want to rethink the two tone painted walls with "country" theme bordering, a decorators nightmare!!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
Elspode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz
tell your lovely wife to keep her hairy bits away from those dangerous springs...
Yeah, CF...no nude trampolining without a Brazilian wax job first.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:55 AM   #25
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Today's erection day! (WP)
Old 04-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #26
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

It's up!!!

Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #27
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

No stopping her now...!!

Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #28
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

...even younger son's enveigled...!

Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #29
ashke
Don't look at me!

Whooa, bouncy! Looks so fun!

*Envies your backyard*

Do you have to dismantle the trampoline when it rains?

EDIT: Whoops, grammar mistake.

Last edited by ashke; 04-02-2006 at 01:44 PM.
ashke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #30
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Do you have to take the dismantle the trampoline when it rains?
They included a waterproof cover in the deal, thankfully - although I can see that being left off after a while. The whole thing is weatherproof really and the bounce material looks porous too.... Mrs CF keeps going on about how great it will be for sunbathing so I think the exercise side of the purchase may have been the secondary consideration...