The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 06-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #61
staceyv
Lecturer

the gynocologist recently found a ruptured cyst in my uterus which he said is no problem, nothing you can do to prevent it, blah blah blah.

I am 90% sure I have endometriosis, since I have like, every single friggin syptom- but I'd have to get a surgery just to be officially diagnosed, and there's really not that much they can do to treat it.

Sometimes I think I should have a baby- 9 months no period,
then breast feed the baby for a year- no period!
And then buy one of those suction cup milking machines and just milk myself for the rest of my life- no period!!

...crap. I just looked it up. You only stop getting your period for 6-12 months while breastfeeding. Still, with the 9 months pregnancy and even just 6 months of lactational amenorrhea, that's 15 beautiful months!!
Maybe I could be a surrogate mother...

Last edited by staceyv; 06-19-2005 at 04:33 PM.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #62
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobs
totally addicted to ice.
Well, not that I would ever be one to suggest ruining a glass of perfectly good whisky ...

oh, there's the solution!! Switch to a fine Single Malt ... you never, ever put ice in those, and you won't even notice the ice is gone after the third one.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #63
Griff
still says videotape

Some crazier Moms out there keep breast feeding for years. I bet if the demand was constant you could push back your next period for a loooooong time.

wolf- I took a chance on a $13 bottle of blended crlllaaaappp recently. Yeah this needs ice but it still leaves me hunting and pecking on the keyboard...
Old 06-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #64
jaguar
whig

can't you stop periods with some Pills?

mangos. hommous. Utterly irrational on the second one, living on hommous on toast at the moment. with the occasional mango.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #65
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Get yourself a nice, dark pumpernickel for the hummus.

Crunchy chickpea laden Heaven.

(I've been doing one slice hummus, once slice natural peanut butter when I don't feel like the chocolate frosted sugar bombs.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #66
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
--snip--Maybe I could be a surrogate mother...
How selfish of you to take away your coworker's main source for evil gossip. Without your weight "problem" what would they talk about?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #67
staceyv
Lecturer

well, if I became a surrogate mother, they could all huddle and whisper that I was selling my baby on the black market, or that I was just stuffing my shirt to get better tips and I wasn't really pregnant

I tried a few different birth control pills in high school. I started getting anxiety attacks , I gained 15 pounds, and I was having black outs at work, where I'd almost faint and then snap out of it. Even though I'm cutting down on smoking,
the pill + cigarettes= stroke...
Have you ever read the health risks/side effects on the insert that comes with the pill?!
Hell no, not for me...

and it's okay if I go off topic and try to hijack a thread if it's one I started, right?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #68
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Stacey, honey, I don't want to sound like your mother, BUT why not just QUIT SMOKING??? It would be soooooo much better for you in the long run and no more worrying about counterfeit cigs! It's a perfect plan!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #69
SimonSez
Geezer Op

Cool Addicted to....

Salted in the shell peanuts.
SimonSez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #70
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Stacey, honey, I don't want to sound like your mother, BUT why not just QUIT SMOKING??? It would be soooooo much better for you in the long run and no more worrying about counterfeit cigs! It's a perfect plan!
Copycat
Old 06-20-2005, 02:14 AM   #71
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
not addicted, but...

Strawberries are in full swing here so I go for fresh strawberries in plain WHOLE MILK yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla.

repeat.

Smoothies for breakfast have also been my quotidian fare lately.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:37 AM   #72
staceyv
Lecturer

I AM quitting smoking- gradually. I am now on the lightest cigarettes in existence. They have the lowest amounts of nicotine and tar you can buy. It's like smoking air. I'm still trying to get used to them and back down to my regular 20 a day. When I am fully adjusted, I plan on switching to the lowest dose nicotine patch.

It's all part of the one year plan to quit smoking that I formulated un January- and it's going very smoothly. I was on lights. Then I switched to superlights and smoked those for about 5 months. Now I'm on the superest lights.

Getting there, I'm getting there...but I'm still not gonna take the friggin pill when I quit!

Now, does red wine count as a food addiction? Or do I belong in the alcoholic thread?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #73
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
I AM quitting smoking- gradually.
Now, does red wine count as a food addiction? Or do I belong in the alcoholic thread?
Oh, yeah. I forgot. You do have a plan for the smoking. And as far as the red wine thing goes, only you can answer that question. I know I'm an alcoholic because when I drink my life gets f*cked up. Badly. It's a big clue.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #74
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
--clip-- And as far as the red wine thing goes, only you can answer that question. I know I'm an alcoholic because when I drink my life gets f*cked up. Badly. It's a big clue.
Respectfully, maybe not.

For me, alcoholism was like hypothermia--the first casualty was my judgement. After that's gone, it's "anything goes". It wasn't always a stupefying bacchanal, but when the safeties are off, who knows what will happen. Sometimes, it was "who knows what happened?"

I sense staceyv was asking in a humorous way, but it's a real question for many. "Do you think I need help?, because I can't tell." Also, alcoholism can range across a spectrum of severity. As can the symptoms. There's still considerable stigma attached to the word, and everyone here knows the power of denial. It can be pretty easy to ignore the signs, even big ones like having your life pretty f*cked up.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:58 AM   #75
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobs
totally addicted to ice.

I can totally relate! I need to chew on it whenever I drink something.