Old 05-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #16
chainsaw
Wingnahningning... Er somethin'

Yes BigV, that's our team logo.

That's great. I'll see if the other girls are interested
Old 05-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #17
chainsaw
Wingnahningning... Er somethin'

Just a tiny reminder that I'm still here and still fundraising for boobies! I will be hosting a large Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament in August, if anyone is local and interested, let me know. I did the same thing last year and raised over $900 in one night. It was great fun!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #18
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Hope your fundaraising is going well, if there is a campus around, you might want to do some tyoe of fundraiser around there. Now that it's summer, they won't be saturated with student groups looking for $$, and you might have a better shot at getting a pledge.

Tomorrow I am walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life on a family team lead by my mother-in-law, a recent breast cancer survivor. I work in a Big 10 University's Biology Dept, and went to all of the Profs, grad students and staff that I am acquainted with and raised a little over $300 in two days. (without my contribution) Only two people didn't donate anything, one was a student, the other a part time secretary who is a fuddy duddy about everything anyway. I was amazed at how giving people were. My husband, an insurance agent has asked twice as many people, and only managed to get about $200. I highly doubt I am more convincing in my sales pitch, so I figured that acadamia must just have a higher population of generous persons. More democrats?
Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #19
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Nah, I think it's because you're the one talking to your coworkers, and they would feel guilty about telling you no, whereas your husband's coworkers have no problem basically telling him to tell you no.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #20
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

my mother died of cancer about 3 years ago.. before and after that I have done bike rides, walks and done a number of benefit concerts for cancer/survivors (quite a few of them for breast cancer oddly enough.. I mean I like breasts and all, but.. they're hardly my favorite part) when I get some more dollars I'll throw some in your direction, good luck with everything.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #21
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

He is collecting for himself. We are walking on a team, but each individual is responsible for getting their OWN pledges. He is asking his clients, realtors he gets referrals from, mortgage brokers he gets referrals from, friends, etc.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
He is collecting for himself. We are walking on a team, but each individual is responsible for getting their OWN pledges. He is asking his clients, realtors he gets referrals from, mortgage brokers he gets referrals from, friends, etc.
Well, perhaps he's just not as pretty as you are then. Or you have bigger puppy-dog eyes.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote