The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-31-2004, 08:11 PM   #16
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Yes, we know, Bush lied, blah blah blah shut the fuck up before I put a fucking nail in my head.

One great thing about the end of the election is that I will have to put up with fewer PATHETICALLY SIMPLE interpretations of the events of the world.

I'm not saying I'm always right or have all the answers. But christ on a fucking cracker already.
Well, EXCUSE me! I just gave a brief review of events without adding a bunch of either left or right wing rhetoric. Frankly, I have no idea what Bush was doing. I'll leave it at that.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Beloved Uncle Walter seems to think that the Bin Laden video is all a Bush/Rove plot ...

Kool Aid, anyone?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:41 AM   #18
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
September 11th was really in fact Reagan's fault.

How's that?

There are so many people to blame, we'd get tired of pointing our fingers after a while.
But that's what the Hill is all about! They do stuff and if it all goes wrong, then it was the OTHER guy! And if the other guy can't possibly be blamed, then it was THAT GUY over THERE. Then THAT GUY says he didn't get the memo and it's suddenly his secretary's fault...

Interestingly enough, if it all goes right, then EVERYONE had a hand in it...or a finger...or they agreed with the people who actually did have a hand in it...or wanted to...or...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:07 PM   #19
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Beloved Uncle Walter seems to think that the Bin Laden video is all a Bush/Rove plot ...

Kool Aid, anyone?
Yum, yum! Make mine lime flavored! Jonestown, here we all come!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:23 PM   #20
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
In recent years, Cronkite's been noted for his globalist views in numerous speeches. As WorldNetDaily reported, the 86-year-old advocates the U.S. giving up sovereignty and the creation of a U.N. standing army.

In a speech at the United Nations in 1999, Cronkite said the first step toward achieving a one-world government is to strengthen the U.N.

"It seems to many of us that if we are to avoid the eventual catastrophic world conflict we must strengthen the United Nations as a first step toward a world government patterned after our own government with a legislature, executive and judiciary, and police to enforce its international laws and keep the peace," he said. "To do that, of course, we Americans will have to yield up some of our sovereignty. That would be a bitter pill. It would take a lot of courage, a lot of faith in the new order."

Uh.... no.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #21
iamthewalrus109
High Propagandist

Please read Osama's transcript

After reading the last two days of news on the Osama tape I've come to realize that it's being completely distorted by the media. One case in particular that is appauling is the New York post article saying Osama referred to the "Red States" in his message. This is a distortion! Do not belive these claims. Osama said, our fate is in neither Kerry's or Bush's hands, period. There was no attempt to sway the election in this manner, it's plain hogwash. Osama warning was really saying that no matter who is president, just don't harm Muslims and they won't harm the US. The spin on this tape is ridiculous, obviously I'm not surprised, but please before any commentary is made please read a transcript of his statement from a reliable source. The bottom line is: Our arrogance and abuse of power will be our undoing. No lower gas prices or a free Iraq is worth the end of the free world, end of story. There is no winning against this enemy, barring all out genocide. We must pick our battles and scale back, these misadventures in the mideast, West Asia, and north of the sub-continent of India will be our undoing.

-Walrus
iamthewalrus109 is offline   Reply With Quote