The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #16
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

I stand retarded. Snopes, I will trust...though I've failed to see anyone debunk the air traffic controllers and I see no reason why there would be one tape (the official Pentagon tape) released, but others confiscated and hidden away.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:27 AM   #17
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphageek31337
...I see no reason why there would be one tape (the official Pentagon tape) released, but others confiscated and hidden away.
Because it was the Pentagon that was hit, that's why. We (eventually) got all kinds of stuff from the WTC sites but only a trickle in 3 years from the Pentagon. Just about everything inside that building is classified in some way or another. Everything they release to the public, they're going to make doubly and triply sure doesn't expose anything that shouldn't be exposed.

I think part of the problem (conspiracies, unanswered questions and so forth) comes down to two things: 1) a high level gov't building was hit and 2) it wasn't in a place likely to have folks wandering around with home video cameras filming stuff. Remember, we got that amatuer video of the moment the first tower was struck? Someone with a camera just happened to be there at the right (wrong...?) time.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There's an easier way to know the truth in this matter, I think. If we see two planes crash into buildings within minutes and then see another building with a big huge smoking hole in it, it will take a pretty goddamn massive conspiracy to come up with ANOTHER explanation for what happened. Buildings don't just turn up with big smoking holes in them all of a sudden. What'd they do, wire the Pentagon for explosives and then wait for a massive terrorist attack to rush over and press the button?

The size and scope of the conspiracy needed to make that happen is unthinkably large for such a massive event.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:11 PM   #19
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

I'm not even saying there's a conspiracy, I'm just wondering why they would withhold, say, the tapes from over 395 (was it 395? I try to avoid Washington at all costs), which weren't even focused on the building.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #20
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoniker
i liked the facts and figures quite a bit, but it was the shitty techno music that finally convinced me.

-sm
Yeah, what's the deal on the music? It actually SCARED my cat--she ran and hid in the closet.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:41 AM   #21
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphageek31337
I'm not even saying there's a conspiracy, I'm just wondering why they would withhold, say, the tapes from over 395 (was it 395? I try to avoid Washington at all costs), which weren't even focused on the building.
Those cameras don't show as much of the skyline as you'd think they would. I wonder how much, if any, of the plane the camera at I-395/Pentagon would catch, really...or even if that camera is looking in the right direction. There aren't any cameras on the highway that would have caught the impact. The Pentagon wouldn't allow a such a public constant camera feed on their building anyhow. They'd feel....SPIED on.

TrafficLand.com - This site provides live camera feed from the traffic cameras are the DC Metro and Baltimore areas; you'll want decent bandwidth.There's a bit of clicking you'll need to do to see the cameras most likely able to catch anything. From the above link, click on DC cameras. You'll see a map outlining the region's 495 Beltway. Click on the part in the very center, where Reagan Nat'l Airport is marked. You'll then see a map of the VA/DC border with 395 snaking through the center. In the set of pink dots, look for the four clustered around the Rt. 110 marking in the center and just to the left. There are three dots on the left of 110 marking and one to the right. The I395/Pentagon camera is the middle dot to the left of the Route 110 marking. The Crystal City/Pentagon camera is the dot just below it.

There will be a quiz on this later.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote