View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #81
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yeah. Well, the Post is a shell of its former self.
Is it the Post that is degrading? Or is it a new breed of reporter taught to be a communication major and therefore does not understand how to ferret out the irrefutable fact?

I was amazed back at Watergate and again during "Mission Accomplished" how Bob Woodward routinely corralled facts. I was always amazed how David Habersham even identified an American defeat in Vietnam by viewing facts ... in 1963. And I routinely have contempt for the local 'Action News' or NBC Dateline who spend so much time with gossip or hype for ratings. I truly miss Ted Koppel.

Is it the Post that does not have talent? Or are so many communication majors do not learn what is necessary to have a fact? There are fundamental reasons why all military academies graduate everyone with engineering training. The military needs people who can analyze and extract the irrefutable fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Sounds like the same thing Toyota is trying to do with their electronics.
Demonstrated is the same problem in this discussion: Toyota stop sale .

Does Metro have severe problems? 40% of the deaths in America are all one that one transit system. Numbers are damning. By not providing numbers, someone is either hiding something. Or someones are simply not able to grasp fundamental and damning facts. Or a third possibility. The entire Metro management is being manipulated for a massive beheading. I doubt it. But that is also a possibility.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote