View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
So, is it really a sacrifice, or is it just a creative way to prepare dinner?
lol Spexxvet

I grew up raising our own beef and chicken. The human slaughter of meat is something of man's right in the food chain?

Even animal sacrifices are noted in the old testament. I think the idea being is that we don't need to spill blood to gain power. If there are religions that still do and the animals are not tortured then I think most can just accept it as something man has done on his way to evolving.

What we ( americans) are guilty of through mere ignorance is the fur trade of domestic animals by countries that do not have animal protection. Such as China. The torture and stripping of animal hides while they are still alive for nothing but to feed american gluttony is one of the highest crimes I can think of.
The torture of living things has got to be condemed. This is the ultimate animal sacrifice as far as I am concerned. Religious animal sacrifice pales in comparision to the real happening right under our noses. Sometimes literally 'right under our nose'. Next time you buy a coat take stock on just what that fir collar is made from. Please

The ultimate sacrifice!

http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_...fur_farms.html
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote