View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 AM   #22
AlternateGray
red-shirt guy

Thanks, rkz.
I can't say things are resolved one way or the other. She has agreed to go to marriage counseling. As a matter of fact, she agreed to do whatever is necessary for me to feel comfortable and happy in this relationship, which threw me off. This is not her customary response. Ok, this has never been her response. I don't know. I think it's far too soon to say for sure what's going to come out of this until we get down to the nitty gritty details of our issues. Not something that's feasible while I'm here.

Anger is still there. Lack of trust, still there. I think the only thing that may eventually help is counseling.

I know she's been diagnosed as having a borderline personality disorder; she says her understanding of the disorder has helped her to improve her behavior over the years. I'm familiar with the symptoms, but a deeper understanding of this might help us to resolve some things. She's not off the hook, though, I don't care how crazy she is. (Kidding). If it really is the cause for some of her totally contradictive behavior during the first few years of our relationship... who knows.

I just need to be patient and wait a few more months. I take leave in a couple weeks, but I don't see us getting elbows-deep in the mess until I redeploy.
AlternateGray is offline   Reply With Quote