The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #76
rkzenrage

I wanna' know why they take our clothes without asking.
Honestly, I would not mind if they would just ask... but I just cannot get my wife to ask and have never had a gf that did.
What is the deal?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #77
jaguar
whig

I've always been told it's the smell thing.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #78
rkzenrage

What does that have to do with asking & those who live together and wash their clothes the same?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #79
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I almost always ask, but then he tells me I don't have to. We share everything we have and if I want to borrow a shirt he never seems to mind. But I still ask because I want him to know I am grateful for it, even if it is a given that he lets me borrow it. I don't know why your wife refuses to ask. Maybe she thinks it isn't important, and if that is the case, maybe sitting her down to talk will show her that it means a lot to you. Sometimes an offhand comment about it isn't taken to heart and you have to remove each other from the situation so that it is obvious it is a big deal. I don't know if you have done that already, but it might help if you haven't.

I know if someone pulls me aside, and has me sit down and tells me that we need to talk, I make sure to take notice of what is being said because it must be important. Have you asked her why she takes your shirts without asking?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #80
rkzenrage

I have asked her to ask. She gets irritated by that... I will ask her why that is soon.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #81
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Maybe she thinks that you shouldn't mind loaning her things, to which I would say that the asking is just a courtesy to you.

Oh, and have you told her that it bothered you that she did that, or just asked her why she does it?

Edit: had to add my question
Old 06-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #82
rkzenrage

Its only a loan if she asks. I asked her to ask me because I may want to wear the shirt she picks. I told her it was ok to wear my shirts, just to ask for the specific shirt. She NEVER picks a plain shirt, she picks my coolest stenciled shirts just to wear around the house... then when we go out, they are dirty. It is discourteous. I have asked several times. Plus, I don't see why she does not just get her own shirts if that is what she wants to wear all the time?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:21 AM   #83
rkzenrage

Talked to her tonight, again, but this time told her to take all the plain ones she wanted, but to make sure to mention it to me if it was a printed T. Showed her that I was out of almost all of my printed T's and asked if she knew that I had not worn any of them from this last washing... she just nodded.
This is very unlike her, or us. Confusing to say the least. Courtesy is a cornerstone of our relationship... I can't see why this is an issue, but my asking obviously makes her want to clam-up.
Perhaps I'll get her some cool XXX T's for Christmas or something?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #84
disenchanted
Resident President

Don't look at me. I used to steal the girl's t-shirts (as she was a t-shirt and jeans sort of girl most of the time), I figured if it was clean, gender-inspecific, and fit me, it was fair game. Never complained when she did the same to me.

Of course, when she left, she left behind every shirt I'd ever worn, even if she could claim rightful ownership of it, at least one example of which, she'd had before she even met me.

Girls is funny that way, I guess.
disenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #85
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

You guys! We wear your stuff 'coz we look good in 'em!

Plus, we feel very rad when we've got boy stuff on. Very Thelma/Louise.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #86
Ibby
erika

I know I liked it when I had to wear my girlfriend's stuff for Halloween. I went as Bono and I needed tight pants... she went as me, so when she changed into my stuff, I took her pants.

What?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #87
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote