The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Facts about Covid-19 (a partin' gift)

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Last edited by henry quirk; 05-13-2020 at 10:37 PM.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They make some good points, and I agree the press has hyped the coverage. In their defense an awful lot of people need that hype before they will be distracted from their own little world.

Statements by WHO in the beginning, and for that matter ongoing, have been based on the information at hand. They're handicapping this without knowing the weight of the jockey or the length of the race. To this day we have no clue how many people have it, had it, will have it. We don't know if having had it means immunity, or if so for how long.

Starting a "fact" with "Some medical professionals", means it is not a fact it's an opinion. They don't define medical professional, is that my pharmacist, the girl on the front desk at the medical center? Even if it's a doctor from Harvard Medical it's still an opinion without evidence.

Making statements like COVID-19 poses no risk to children is stupid, everything in the world poses a risk to children.

There's no proof the virus is transmitted through the air or in smears. OK, how the fuck did hundreds of millions of people (we don't know how many) all over the world catch it if not through the air or contact? Duh
Old 05-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
monster
I hear them call the tide

If people are dying from underlying causes but it's being attributed to COVID19, then they would have died anyway, right? So the death rate wouldn't be elevated and the mortuaries wouldn't be overflowing. We must have imagined all that from the fake news fed to us by the evil media. That's why they don't want us to leave our homes, so we won't see the truth.

I guess Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery weren't killed by bullets either, that's why no murder charges are being brought. They had the same underlying conditions as most of the alleged COVID19 victims and that's what really killed them
Old 05-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

A parting gift? If only. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out -not even a COVID19 level of sanitation could deal with that
Old 05-14-2020, 07:35 AM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

"Nowhere near the number of annual flu deaths"... "Similar to a light flu season"... "Just like the flu"... "No worse than a bad year for flu"... "Only slightly more than the flu kills each year"...

We'll be at 100,000 deaths before the end of May. And we still won't have peaked.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #6
glatt

The post and run seems like a desire to connect with the community here. But it's also self-sabotaging, because, of course, no connection can be made if you don't stick around to connect.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

I think you're right on that. If you add in some doubts about an ideology that isn't bearing up, he's in a tough spot. I used to be a market true believer, I get it.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Nawww, he just wants to quit while he's ahead and be known as the dearly departed.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #9
glatt

It's a human condition that it is difficult to admit when we are wrong. Pride gets all caught up in it.

It's a crappy feeling when you get way out on a limb that's getting shakier and shakier but you're too proud to come back to safer ground. How to save face?

Sometimes it's just a lot easier to say "You know what guys? I was making the best judgement I could at the time but it looks like I was wrong after all."
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Some statements in his citation are even contradicted by its cited sources. No problem. Vaccines are creating autistic children in large numbers. A doctor said so. So it must be true.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:26 PM   #11
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
In several countries Covid19 deaths remained below strong flu seasons.
Morbidly funny. Several countries? Yay?

"Remained"? Past tense? Given the right cutoff date, it remained below the flu in every country.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

How deep must extremists dig to find massive misinformation. But they do have Fake Fox News to help them. The only news service that Trump can go to to safely lie. The only news service that will not ask damning questions that make him angry. Since reality (as George Jr noted) is just so "harrrrrd".

The only news service where he can even say she was bleeding from "her you know what". Even that is acceptable on Fake Fox News.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote