The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #151
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe he want's enough publicity to give him "authenticity" so he can write a book.

Trump the job creator.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #152
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
That sounds like he doesn't think the investigation is going away, though it's hard to say what could force Nunes to do anything. Maybe he thinks that FBI indictments are coming?
By giving testimony to a friendly committee, he then gets immunity from others who are more interested in reality and can prosecute him for crimes.

Never confuse this with Clinton's murder of Vince Foster. Or intentional lies of Kerry's Swift Boat. Those were invented by fake news. And believed by the "easiest to brainwash".

Clear evidence, from people not playing politics and not from bots creating lies, suggest Flynn is quite likely guilty. (Exactly what needs better definition.) Sounds so much like Bridgegate - where purpose was to protect a guilty boss. They also did not get immunity because honest people suspected crimes existed. Conclusion: crimes did exist - which says so much about attitude and knowledge of that boss.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #153
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

BOOM goes the dynamite.

Quote:
The U.S. military launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian military airfield late on Thursday, in the first direct American assault on the government of President Bashar al-Assad since that country’s civil war began six years ago.

The operation, which the Trump administration authorized in retaliation for a chemical attack killing scores of civilians this week, dramatically expands U.S. military involvement in Syria and exposes the United States to heightened risk of direct confrontation with Russia and Iran, both backing Assad in his attempt to crush his opposition.

President Trump said the strike was in the “vital national security interest” of the United States and called on “all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria. And also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.”

The missiles were launched from two Navy destroyers — the USS Ross and USS Porter — in the eastern Mediterranean. They struck an airbase called Shayrat in Homs province, which is the site from which the planes that conducted the chemical attack in Idlib are believed to have originated. The targets included air defenses, aircraft, hangars and fuel.

Syrian state TV said a U.S. missile attack hit a number of military targets inside the country, calling the attack an “aggression,” according to the Associated Press.

The assault adds new complexity to Syria’s prolonged conflict, which includes fighters battling the Syrian government and others focused on combatting the Islamic State, which despite over two years of American and allied attacks remains a potent force.
He put his missiles where his mouth was. I hope we don't look back on this episode and realize this is where we made a mistake.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #154
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

a few hours earlier: Clinton: US should take out Syrian airfields

I'm not reeeealy in favor of a she said he said with a former candidate but we always sorta forgot that she was a big hawk.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #155
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

probably got it from the livestream of the tapp on Trump.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #156
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder if she was tipped off in advance, she has a lot of friends in the government and military?

Oh I know, Trump called her up and asked her to say that so critics wouldn't beat him up.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #157
Griff
still says videotape

Yep, he pulled a Clinton.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #158
Griff
still says videotape

I'm not super comfortable with the universal love Trump got for the missiles. He's getting hate for everything else. They (the press and deep state) are shaping his behavior towards blowing shit up.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #159
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

It's a trick. They're just trying to get him so enthusiastic about blowing shit up that he'll become a suicide bomber.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #160
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

After he was asked about the gassing incident in Syria, he said he was elected Potus of the US, not Potus of the world. I don't think it's universal love, but approval of the signal he sent allies, so they could breath a sigh of relief, and enemies to wonder WTF would this nut do next.

The attack itself wasn't very effective, but the signal was strong.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #161
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Did anyone think of sending a 'Dear John' letter to the president? Or would that be too personal?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #162
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Happy Easter tw. The Easter Bunny decided The Donald needs your input and left this link for you:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/reorganiz...ecutive-branch

No hurry, you have until June 12th. Have a good time!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #163
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh that's cute. Now they can weedwack the way they've told by the corporate masters and blame it on the public.
But, but, this is what the people wanted. I'm sure every lobbyist's staff is busy ghostwriting posts.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #164
glatt

You would think there would be a lot of conversation about this past remarkable week.

There's everything to say, but at the same time, where do you even begin? So there is not much to say.

Except that none of this is normal.

You guys, this isn't normal.

It's not.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #165
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Normal for him, though.