The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-30-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Talking Dove hunt

I went down to visit plthijinx this last weekend for the for dove and hog hunt .
Well first off let me say that Texas is a BIG ASS state !!!!!! LONG Damn drive from Paragould !!!!!! Fred ( plthijinx ) gave me EXELANT directions , so it was a smooth trip down. He called me a few times dureing the drive to make shure i was on track , no mishaps on the way down
When i got there we imeditaly loaded up in his farm jeep ( 74 CJ5 )and went for a cruse around the property , beers and fire arms in hand ( Fred " I didn't see you load that weapon !!!") So i loaded up and off we went . LOTS of beer was consumed that nite !!!!!! Oh and a possum ALMOST meet it maker .
The next morning we slept in ( from all the beer the nite befor ) , any how we went out looking for the fearsome dove , 2 were shot ( i won't say who got them , more on that later ) . By then the birds had stoped flying so we rode around some more , enjoying the country side . We say the funnyest thing , an armidillo can jump !!! Who'd a thunk it ( i guess the bird shot in his ass helped some ) By then some of Freds friends started showing up . Cool bunch of guys !!!! More beer was consumed , steaks and taters for lunch/dinner ( picantie sauce is suprizelingly GOOD on a baked potato !!!) Lots of ammo was expended , poker was played , good time !!!!!
The next morning we got up early to chase some more dove , 2 more were shot . After a short while the birds stopped flying again , and it was raining . We went back to the cabin and had breakfast , eggs bacon and some nasty looking but VERRRRRRY tasty hashbrowns . Well the birds wern't flying so the skeets did , we went thru 3-4 boxes of skeets .
I had told Fred that if there was a game warden in the STATE he was going to find me , Fred said " Those guys haven't been down here for years , don't even sweet it !!" Fred left to take his tractor back to the front of the property , and came back rideing in a game wardens truck
I hadn't bothered to get a licence ( i was thinking OH SHIT , there goes my new shot gun , my truck , and WAY to much money !!!!!) One of Freds friends is a lawyer , he saw the game wardens truck and said every body has a licence , right ??? I told him " uhh not me " , he said to not say a word unless asked a direct question . The game wardens come sauntering up ( boots and cowbow hat and all ) " shooting any birds ???" Nope, no birds to shoot . " where is every body from ??" Every body but me said Texas , "so your just shooting skeet ?" Yes sir . The older game warden ( who by now had looked in mine and every body elses coolers) said " so you are telling us that you drove ALL the way from Arkansas just to shoot skeet ????" Yes sir !!
As they were driveing away one of Freds friends said " PULL " , 2 skeets flew from the thrower , BOOM !!!!! Mitch got a double !!!!!!!
After that I was driver for the rest of the trip !!!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
zippyt

da jeep !!! with seats
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #3
zippyt

Fredrico Fransisco Franko Hairingbone Tweed The Third !!!
( with his Daisy dove gun )
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
zippyt

Me with a tasy beverage !!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #5
zippyt

Hunting Texas style !!!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #6
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I always wondered what dove (or any other small bird for that matter) hunters do with the doves once they've shot them. I'd imagine there's not much eatin' on a dove to start with and the shot would just ruin what meat there is. So far, I've chalked it up to the pleasure some get of watching a living thing come to pieces when its shot.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
zippyt

We eat them , yes you have to watch out for shot , but they are VERRRRRRRRY tasty !!!!
There isn't much meat on a dove , thats why the limit is 12
Old 09-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Are they like cornish hen? I likes cornish hen.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:52 PM   #9
zippyt

Cornish hens are small chickens , pen raised , tasty in their own right , but wild game that you have harvested ( shot ) your self tasts WAY beter !!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #10
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

if you get enough dove, breast them, stuff a jalapeno slice in both sides of the breast, season them then wrap them in bacon and set'em on a nice warm to hot grill with your favorite link sausage on top so the juices pass over the dove........oh boy, i'm hungry now!

hehe, i got so much shit from the pack about leaving with the tractor and coming back with game wardens! lol! i was going to finish discing a field and i noticed a bubble on the sidewall of the right front tractor so i cruised it on up to the front shed and when i got there i decided to top of the fuel tank. as i was doing so i noticed a truck on the highway just sitting there. then i noticed that it was the game warden. "shit" i thought to myself. i knew i wasn't hunting but the other guys i knew were skeet shooting and well, shooting an armory. i muddled around a bit, moved the tractor to the shed to start working on the tire and after a bit i hear a "hey there!" i introduced myself and got one of their names (there were 2 of them, a young man named jason and the other, well, we'll just call him "old man river") they asked if i was the owner of the property to which i said yes then they asked how we were fairing out and i said that there wasn't much action around. then they asked how many hunters i had back there and if they could "poke around a bit" yeah. what the fuck was i supposed to say, no?!? that doesn't float here in texas with game wardens. they do what want. fact of life here. anyway i told them they had perfect timing and i needed a ride back to my truck for tools. y'all should have seen the look on everyone's face when we rounded the corner! priceless puts it mildly. we pull up and jason stands next to me while old man river proceedes to snoop around our trucks and coolers looking for birds. i didn't have my license either, i forgot to get it at wally world the day before so i just played the good host letting people hunt my land (all while wearing my hunting vest, but hey! we're shootin' skeet right?!) shit. we really weren't doing anything wrong and the birds that were shot were shot by people with licenses so there was really no reason to be nervous but let me tell you, i was shaking like a leaf trying to smoke my cigarette. if they'd of asked why i was shaking i'd of said that i'm an alcoholic and hadn't had my first drink of the day!! crap, more later, i gotta go to bed......zip, goathead and add anything i missed. (you think mitch got the 2fer because of my fat joke?!?!) i'll let you tell that one bro!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:02 PM   #11
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

oh, and cream cheese too on the dove!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:06 PM   #12
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

oh, my daisy dove gun. heh. a browning citori over/under .410ga and i shot a loooooooooooooooong bird to with it. about 75 yards. (yeah, i went to town after heckle and jeckyl left and got my license)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:24 AM   #13
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Wow, that looks like fun.

The 4 seat Jeep is a great idea. Wonder why I've never seen them around here?

Thanks for making the effort to take the pictures. Looks like a good time.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
Nothing But Net
Professor

<b>plt</b>, ever think about closing and locking the front gate?
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:42 AM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

!!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote