The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #1696
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.
Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.Don'tthinkit.Don'tsayit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #1697
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're not the boss of me! I'll think any goddamn thing I want! But I won't say it, 'cause you might kick my ass.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #1698
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Planet Earth 2. Excellent. Wish it was longer.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #1699
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
You know that's taken from a TV series (The Thick of It)? And the actor who plays Malcolm Tucker is now the Doctor.

The tv series is a little sharper than the movie - more room to manouevre on a tv series. For the movie there was more of an effort to make it accessible for non-brits - if you want to know how politics actually works in the UK, watch the tv show :P

From the last series and the fall of Tucker as he gives evidence to an inquiry into press leaks - audio only but it's a truly brilliant speech:

Btw the creator of Thick of It (Armando Iannucci) is the creator of Veep.
Holy shit! How did I miss this?

"The builder didn't show up."

Jamie: "What do you expect? They're builders! Have you ever seen a movie with a builder as a super-hero? No, because they never show up in the nick of time."

I'm crying here.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #1700
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You better quit watching all this crap and get your ass in gear. Spring has sprung and there's groundhogs to shoot, boats to build, and ladies awaiting.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #1701
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Yes, too true.

Now that I finished up my last nightmare, I am back to working (unpaid) with team whiz kid to finish the biz plan and find investors so we can get paid. I'm selling off all my photo gear on ebay to make my monthly nut. That, in itself is a full time job.

My buddy calls it shifting molecules. Converting molecules of gear into molecules of cash.

I spent an hour reclaiming the yard from 4 years of weeds. Got the hops poles unburied from the weeds and dirt, thank god for pressure treated wood. Cut back the suckers from a tree on the property line that I cut down a couple of years ago, the fucker won't die. Pruned back the grapes and I've been decimating the rugosa rose. I don't love them any more and they are taking over on a zombie rose march.

I could use a beer -- I haven't had a drink in months, I need to start brewing again. I got my stuff ready to go.

So, yeah. I better get off the TV. First, I may walk to the packie and grab a beer.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #1702
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Unparalleled hardiness: Rugosas will grow in Cleveland, North Dakota as easily as in Cleveland, Texas. ... Rugosas are unfazed by bitter cold: both the Canadian Explorers and Parklands series, hardy to –35 ° F, owe their ruggedness to rugosa.

Disease resistance: Rosa rugosa (species) simply doesn’t get the diseases that so bedevil other roses.

Big bushes, lots of thorns: A few exceptions (check out the Pavement series, and Frau Dagmar Hartopp ), but most rugosas get large enough to reach out and grab passersby by the sweater. And most won’t respond well to heavy cut backs.

Weedy growth habit: A few rugosa bushes are compact, but even those get a rangy, twiggy look as the summer heats up.

Unlike most garden roses, rugosas object to heavy pruning. When you use them in landscaping, anticipate the fully-grown bush size and let them grow.
I find it hard, for that reason, to use them effectively in small suburban yards.
Shit, hey sound as bad as the Multiflora Rose I'm plagued with.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #1703
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

They are an unstoppable force. I planted single whips 11 years ago. Since then I've leveled them to the ground twice. They send runners 4-5 feet under the slate sidewalk and pop up on the verge, they have moved a foot into the yard. The original planting line was 24 inches from the sidewalk, it's now 36. It's also spread somewhat by seed and by runners to lengthen as well as widen.

When the article says the object to heavy pruning, that may be true in their first few years, after that they display their objection by coming back like a Hydra. On the plus side, the flowers are nice and last a long time. The Japanese beetles love them. It seems the hips or beach tomatoes suck unless they grow in beachy conditions. The ones that grow in decent soil have thin leathery skins without much flesh or sweetness. I don't plan on importing 15 yards of beach sand.

I'm about to go out and do another hour of yard work.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #1704
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

AC/DC's Family Jewels (the two-dvd set, not the one with three). Music vids from the boys, starting (disc 1) with their first tv appearance, w/Bonn Scott dressed in a dress, blond pigtails, lipstick and rosy cheeks, and concluding (disc 1) w/his last live performance 10 days before his death.

Haven't watched disc 2 yet, I was more interested in the old Bon Scott vids.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #1705
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  dvd.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  25.3 KB

Tags
movies