The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 02:36 PM   #16
adamzion
Coronation Incarnate

Re: Re: Florida.....

Quote:
Originally posted by lisa
Well, Florida always had had a sort of identity crisis. For example, is it a northern or a southern state? (I don't mean geographically). Ironically enough, teh people from northern Florida tend to be southerners and the people from southern Florida tend to be northeners.
[/b]
I was always under the impression that Florida was the most southern of the northern states. This character is probably due to the fact that all the retirees from the northeast move to south Florida, while northern Floridians tend to be "native born."

And, yes, more "Southern,"
Z
Old 05-21-2001, 03:59 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Re: Re: Florida.....

[quote]Originally posted by adamzion
Quote:
I was always under the impression that Florida was the most southern of the northern states. This character is probably due to the fact that all the retirees from the northeast move to south Florida, while northern Floridians tend to be "native born."

And, yes, more "Southern,"
I agree...I used to handle a lot of calls from Florida, and the northern Floridians sounded more hick. ;-) Sorta like Missouri. Everyone in the state (north and south) seems to have some sort of twang--except in St. Louis (where there is a bit of a twang, but not much).
Closed Thread