The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Just out of curiosity...

Has anyone seen Idiocracy?

I watched it a few months ago, and y'all, this movie is seriously intellectually painful to watch. Funny movie, because everyone knows someone like this, but scary as well, what with the dumbing down of America that's becoming more and more the norm.

Intellectually painful, though. And I mean that in the most serious way possible. I mean, there are parts of this movie that will make you physically cringe.

And here's another...Jesus Camp. Anyone seen that one?

Now THAT was a scary movie. It shows brainwashing at it's most basic, and gives a little glimpse into how fanatics who are willing to kill or die are made, regardless of the religion.

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
queequeger
Hypercharismatic Telepathical Knight

I own Idiocracy, yeah. It's the perfect example of a great idea being kind of poorly done, but so much of it is so close to the truth it could bring a man to tears. It's got electrolytes.

And as for Jesus Camp, I agree, it's far scarier just because it's real. The worst part, I think, is that they make SURE it's children at a young enough age to not know any better. Religious indoctrination done at such a young age, and with such violence of conviction makes my skin crawl. I have no doubt that any of those children, if kept in this circle of people, would not hesitate to strap themselve to a tank or a bomb if someone told them it was what jesus wanted.

How does that quote go? When fascism comes to america it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross?