The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

Thumbs up Kill Bill Soundtrack

After searching 10 stores in the area (FYE, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Tower Records, Target) and coming up empty-handed at each one, "Oh! We only ordered 10 copies, and interestingly enough we can't keep up with the demand," I finally broke down and ordered it from amazon. After 5 excruciating days of anticipation, it finally showed up.
I knew the soundtrack was good, having seen the movie multiple times, but still...wow. If anyone is interested in seeing the movie, I highly recommend it. After you see the movie, please pick up the soundtrack. It definitely captures the movie and the many styles it incorporates. The soundtrack is wonderful.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
dave

Thank you, Matt, for being a sucker and buying it. I have already ripped it onto my PowerBook and will shortly spend approximately four seconds transferring it onto my iPod. All at a cost of $0.00 to me.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:28 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, Dave. There's a subpoena winging it's way to you.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
dave

For what, the illegal consumption of copyrighted music?

Nonsense. I bought the CD, but it's a good thing I ripped it, because someone stole it off my desk. Sales receipt? I have one around here somewhere, but it would take me a while to locate it. No, I bought it with cash. Why do you ask?
Old 10-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Heh, heh, heh.....
Old 10-22-2003, 09:24 AM   #6
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

The movie rocks hard, and so does the soundtrack.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #7
dave

Something Maggie and I can agree on!

(Saw it three times already. Gonna go see it again tonight. Oh boy do I like that movie.)
Old 10-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

Quote:
(Saw it three times already. Gonna go see it again tonight. Oh boy do I like that movie.)
I am totally in on that action too.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #9
Tobiasly
hot

Fuck you all!

Thank you.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #10
dave

I tell you what, Tob.

To show my appreciation for the job you're doing for our country, and for the fact that it was through your persistence that Radar admitted he might be wrong, coupled with your general overall coolness, I'll buy you either a ticket to go see it (next time you're in the DC area) or the widescreen DVD (when it's available).

Hey man, little bit off topic, I just beat Halo story mode the other day... you played much of that? Playing through it co-op is a blast. I recommend you try it when you're done CTFing (CTF being the mother of all team-based games and truly a classic mod).
Old 10-22-2003, 01:55 PM   #11
Tobiasly
hot

Thanks Dave, I guess which offer I take you up on depends on when I get home! When does vol. 2 come out in theaters? I heard the delay between vol. 1 and 2 would be only months.

I think more than anything, I'm pissed about missing the opening of Return of the King (well, "anything" not including being away from wife, dog, etc another 3 months, of course). I'll be just fine with seeing Kill Bill on DVD, but I'll never see ROTK on a huge screen (it'll be in the "smaller" houses by then). Oh, and Matrix Revolutions. Shit.

As far as bootleg SVCDs... we actually have a pretty good source of such stuff here in Kuwait. With Kuwaiti anti-piracy laws being a century or two behind those in the U.S., we can buy all sorts of "American" goods greatly discounted. I had Matrix Reloaded on DVD within days of its release in theaters, complete with people's heads at times.

Not to mention Oakley sunglasses, $5/ea or 3 for $10. "Authentic Replica" Nike and Adidas t-shirts, as well as "Flag" sandals (whose logo, incidentally, is almost identical to Fila's) are only $5 as well.

Quote:
Hey man, little bit off topic, I just beat Halo story mode the other day... you played much of that? Playing through it co-op is a blast.
Yes, I've played through it co-op mode, and while it was pretty fun, it wasn't as fun as it could have been.. the guy I was playing with pretty much sucked, so his sole purpose ended up being just to stay alive long enough for me to respawn without going back to the last save point.

It is a great storyline, though, and the AI is one of the best I've played in a FPS. Anyone know when Halo 2 comes out (or has it already)?
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #12
dave

As I'm like, "Halo 2 will be available in stores for one day only, January 19, 2004!"

(Halo 2 looks <b>awesome</b>, and it will definitely require many hours of my time once it's available next year.)
Old 10-22-2003, 04:03 PM   #13
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

In DC, the radio duo* "Ron and Fez" adopted one of the "Kill Bill" soundtrack songs as their opening theme, months ago. Good song, but it made for some weird associations during that scene in the movie (Lucy Liu and entourage dramatically striding through the hallway before Uma shows up).

* I've been watching the live-action Tick DVDs. I feel the need to say 'duo' whenever possible.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Tobiasly - just out of curiosity are you in Kuwait with the guard or the army? I have a friend over there who is a staff sgt with the guard.

Hope you get to come home soon man. My buddy is now looking at April at the earliest.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:42 PM   #15
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

Kill Bill Vol. 2 will be released February 20th, 2004.