The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #196
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I was told it means "I don't tip".
True
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #197
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I was told it means "I don't tip".
Another micro aggression by the man, shame be upon you!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #198
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
Add that to Lookout's attack on me, and I realize that the Cellar is not a healthy place for me to be spending my time - not right now, anyhow. I'm outta here.
Really? My attack on you? I don't think I attacked any individual in any way. I called out what I see (and you may disagree) as negative condition in the cellar. I pointed out that all of us as individuals, including me, have behaved like assholes. If you perceive that as a personal attack, I'm sorry for your hurt, but not for what I said. In fact, if you really saw it as an attack I find that symptomatic of a trend in the cellar and in society as a whole.

Everyone is looking for a reason to be a victim. People go out of their way to find a way to be offended. Ibby is the poster child for this, nearly to the level of being a caricature.

Seriously, what the fuck. Merc is a truly intolerant asshat and said a lot of shit that was uncalled for. The fact his politics align more closely with mine than most other dwellars is irrelevant. Things he posted made me cringe and ignore the majority of what he said in the same way I do with TW. They are not dissimilar individuals. Is the cellar better or worse with him gone? I don't know, but he's probably better off being gone because this place didnt' bring out the best in him. I'm certain he would speak the same way to someone he had to look in the eye.

At the same time, we still have Ibram/Ibby, whatever, crying over shit that was written on a computer screen and ranting incoherently about his horrible life as a victim and if we're not with him we're against him. His blatant intolerance is somehow glorious and just because he is on the side of the angels. Fuck that. Ibby is an immature child surrounded by immature PC children afraid to tell him to shut the fuck up. He obviously takes college courses designed to strengthen his status as a victim so he has more soundbyte bullshit to throw at everything and everyone that gets within poo throwing distance.

So one of them is here and one of them is gone, is the cellar better? Nah, not really, imo. I would wager that right now there have been a few vultures circling this thread waiting to be offended so they can jump in with their own explanations of why they are hurt. Fair enough.

If that is how a person wants to spend their life then that's ok by me. The good news is there is always something to hurt your feelings floating around if you look hard enough. I just don't see the value in spending a life searching for righteous indignation in swirling sea of shifting opinions. Instead of being offended look to see if their is anything ANYTHING of value in a post or a person before grabbing your pitch fork and kindling.

Life can be fun, if you let it.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #199
glatt

Well, I, for one, am pleased that this thread got Lookout to poke back in. That's an improvement right there.

How are you doing, Lookout?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #200
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Tril, I just formed a friendship with Merc for god knows what reason. It's always hard to pinpoint when a friendship begins or why. I do know that I had huge problems with him when he first came here and in particular, when he had his first real go at Ibram (he who was) all the way back years ago. I think it was in the relationships thread or something and there was something to do with BigV and Classic and their mutual relationship issues and there was a lot of shit slinging going on. Just saying this in case you want to go have a look at some of the horrible things that have been said between Merc and I in the past. I suspect you're probably not really that interested, but it's all there somewhere.

Like Bruce, I have friends on both sides of the political fence. I don't judge them for their beliefs and I often cringe when they say things I totally disagree with. Sometimes I respond, but more often than not I keep my thoughts to myself these days IRL, just as I do here as far as politics goes.

As far as not liking some of the things Merc has said, there have been quite a few times when I've said something to him privately about my views on his responses and how I think he's being cruel or harsh, but it's really not up to me or anyone else to tell any of my friends how they should behave. People travel their own path, and they'll usually do exactly as they please regardless of what others say.

I think what people like me have tried to say is that they see more than one side to Merc, and he's proven himself to have a very generous, kind and thoughtful side that he keeps hidden a lot under a pretty rough veneer. I've often wondered why he does that, but again, I guess he has his reasons and maybe I'll never know what they are, but I'm grateful for the care and concern he's shown me over the years and I wouldn't turn away from him just because he happens to be a dickhead from time to time. If I did that, I'd have no friends anywhere, and I like having friends, so I'll take the good with the bad. I know my friends aren't perfect, but they're trying and that means more to me than almost anything.

I hope this is in some way understandable. It seems a bit garbled to me, but I hope it makes sense somehow. lol
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #201
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Are you kinda, sorta, maybe trying to tell us that your newborn could be Merc's?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #202
Aliantha

haha...nope. His dick is not quite that long.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #203
sexobon

XoB should ask for DNA testing to make sure that you're only cheating with him and not cheating on him.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #204
Aliantha

lol i think he knows who the father is.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #205
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
I left here for while because the bullshit got so fucking deep it was sickening and it made me more of a bitter, shitty person.
@Classic: It's OK for you to come back to TheCellar now.
It has returned to the old place you seem to miss.

here

here

here

here

here

Now maybe Merc will feel comfortable and grace us with his presence too.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #206
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Really? My attack on you? I don't think I attacked any individual in any way.
I believed she had already planned a camping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
XoB should ask for DNA testing to make sure that you're only cheating with him and not cheating on him.
Hah, mine is shorter than Mercs.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #207
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
... Now maybe Merc will feel comfortable and grace us with his presence too.
Not after Aliantha dumped him for xoB.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #208
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
@Classic: It's OK for you to come back to TheCellar now.
It has returned to the old place you seem to miss.

here

here

here

here

here

Now maybe Merc will feel comfortable and grace us with his presence too.
I luvz lamp!

I really feel there needs to be a "Jane, you ignorant slut" and a "Dan, you pompous ass."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Curtin

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #209
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I find it difficult to pal around with someone who wants, philosophically, to buttfuck me in the mouth.

I have more respect for someone who is obnoxious in fighting bigotry than I do for someone who is obnoxious in supporting bigotry.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #210
Lamplighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
...soul searching----a lost art IMHO.
Well said, Trilby. Your whole post is applicable to this thread, too.

Ummmm. Well, maybe we can skip over the "cuddlefest" for now.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote