The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Upstaged final

Something of interest for a number of reasons, perhaps.

First its the final, running for 4 hours from 3.15 pm UK summer time today (our clocks went forward one hour last night BTW). There are two interesting acts competing in their respective glass boxes (have a look at the link if you want to know more), one a team of Internet chatroom youngsters know as the YouStage Vloggers, who have so far swamped the voting through their vast Internet connections, the other a very talented songster from Scotland called Don1977.

I'm going for Don, but you may have a different taste to me. Either way it's interesting as anyone in the world with access to a PC and the Intenet can see the programme and vote (you're allowed to vote every 3 minutes up to 5 points per vote).

It's all part of UK BBC's strategy to make their programmes available anywhere and anytime - so you get live streaming video of the programme as it happens on the Internet, you can view it on digital TV in the UK or you can call up the programme via the BBCiPlayer once it's finished (don't think this is licensed yet in the States).

So this is the way BBC TV and Radio is going - for global domination!! (only joking)

Have a look at Upstaged here - there's plenty of discussion on their forum and a good news archive with text and video footage.

My son also participated and some of his stuff can be seen here and here.

Happy to answer any questions you may have about it (as far as a I am able to)