The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-07-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Not invulnerable (warning for weak stomachs)

I got to watch the end of the second very good NY/Minn game last night and a bit of Bos/Ana. This opportunity was brought to me by Wilson Hospital's ER and a chunk of turkey that was lodged in my esophogus for about 12 hours. I have a hiatal hernia and some kind of constriction in my esophogus which occasionally keeps me from eating too much but yesterday had me throwing up at work in the car on the way to school on the way home to the ER and in the ER. You can become quit adept at puking small amounts into a container with enough practice. The Doc put me out and pulled it out. The good news is my avid cyclist resting heart rate 47 - 56 bpm is occasionally below the alarm threshhold of the monitor. Eventually we're gonna have my esophogus stretched and in the meantime I'm on a pip inhibitor to reduce the acid and allow things to heal a bit. For all the griping about ERs that you hear this was about as good an experience as you could hope for, although I'd just as soon had the work done immediately after Matsui took care of business. all for now Middle Aged Man
Old 10-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
warch
lurkin old school

Well! I was grumblin about the Twin's loss, but man, I'll give you it for a bit of sweet relief! Even if its the *shiver* Yanks. Or maybe I'm just thinking of poor Pete.
All I can say is, Griff, you're quite a piece of work!
Take care man.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #3
busterb
NSABFD

"gonna have my esophogus stretched." Boy what fun at VA. Med Center. Been there done that. good luck. Try not to shit when they pop the damn thing.

Last edited by busterb; 10-07-2004 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Add
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Thanks warch I appreciate the sentiment. Think I'll crawl into bed now, don't want to blow off work again. g-night

don't scare me b...
Old 10-08-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
busterb
NSABFD

Think the worst part was the crap you have to drink before. Maybe anywhere but VA they put you under first? They told me, sorry couldn't give me more pain meds as it had ran my BP up. As far as I can find Demerol has nothing to do w/BP. Far as I can tell, still no better. I well know about puking in sink or where ever when something hangs up. Have faith! Not that bad.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The Yankees Rule!!! And I hope you feel better.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

Thanks guys! It seems this is more common than you'd think.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #8
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I have a hiatal hernia too and it sometimes causes retching. I feel your pain, man.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #9
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

That sucks! Hope you come through it relatively no worse for the wear.

When my old man was in the hospital they had to take his pain patch (Duragesic) off because it made his BP too low. That was about the only time he'd wake up - a few hours after they'd take a patch off.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote