xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Fucking ballsac bitch
Quote:
Radar, bastard, piece of shit
Quote:
Cuntface, dumbfuck, blecch!
I see 8 offensive words. Well, would be offensive to people that get offended by words. Blecch, of and piece are not.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My latest correspondence with Noble House:

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your recent poetic submission to our forthcoming publication Theatre of
the Mind. I am posting this email to relay to you the timeframe for the publication of
your artistic endeavour.

In approximately six to seven weeks you will be receiving a proofing copy of your
poem for your final review prior to publication (and, if you provided it, a proofing copy
of your artist’s profile as well). You will be able to see exactly how your poem (and
profile) will be presented in this elegant edition. You will also be free to make any
changes or corrections, if needed, at that time.

This proofing material will be posted to you through the U.S. mail, and you need only
return the proofing copy to our New York offices in order to approve your poem (and
profile) for final publication. A respond envelope will be provided for your convenience.

Actual publication will take place in the late Summer, after artist approvals have been
received. If you purchased a copy or copies, your books will be shipped to you via air
freight immediately upon publication.

In the meantime, if you have any questions. Please direct them to me at either our
New York office:

Noble House New York
Empire State Building
Suite 3304-19Q
New York, NY 10118

or our London office:

Noble House London
Poets House
2 Harrington Road
Leytonstone
London E11 4QW
England.

You may also email me at nhillary@noblehousepublishers.co.uk.

Yours truly,

Nigel Hillary
Old 05-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #18
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Actually, eight words are inappropriate if you count "Radar".

Whoops...Bruce beat me to this revelation. This might teach me to finish reading a thread before thinking myself clever.

Last edited by Elspode; 05-01-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:36 PM   #19
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Actually, eight words are inappropriate if you count "Radar".
Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
I see 8 offensive words. Well, would be offensive to people that get offended by words. Blecch, of and piece are not.

Just kidding, not like I never miss someone elses post
Old 05-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #20
elSicomoro

Well yeah...I wasn't actually counting that one though. After all, the term "radar" has SOME positive connotations.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:38 PM   #21
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Damn, you people are just too real-time for my slow ass mental processes.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #22
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Well yeah...I wasn't actually counting that one though. After all, the term "radar" has SOME positive connotations.
And to think half a year ago it was all positive to most of us.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
And to think half a year ago it was all positive to most of us.
Every thing we learn is positive, however painful.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:47 PM   #24
Grace
Layperson

I just opened up my mail and I got the EXACT SAME letter that you got, word for word, with "grace" in place of terry. Its happened to me before, too. They publish this book and then they only print as many copies as people order. Blood sucking corporate bastards. May the fleas of a thousand monkeys infest their pubic hair. ::shakes fist::

Grace
Old 05-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Wish scabies upon them. It's worse.

And harder to get rid of than fleas.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 05-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #26
RocRabble
Kinda New Member

I just went online to try to find something for my Mother who also received the duplicate letter from Noble House. Being the skeptical creature that I am, I figured it was some type of scam. It is interesting that the only thing I could find was this "conversation" about it. The input from everyone was helpful. I think it is really sad that someone makes thier living off of exploiting the dreams and aspirations of others. I suppose that statement could be said of MANY of the "normal" businesses and industries out there. How many people haven't taken the Fred Astaire dance lessons because they knew they were the next Gene Kelly?
Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 PM   #27
Starving Poet
Kinda New Member

I must say I received the same letter from Noble House. I sent information to an attorney who found the company to be legit. I have had over 8 poems published with poetry.com and has become a lifetime member into ISP without charge. At first I thought they wer a scam because they always wanted me to buy a book but they also stated without obligation. I took my chances and used the company to my advantage as well. To have my work published and become a published poet. I shall do the same through Noble House without obligation to become a internationnally published author.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:50 PM   #28
elSicomoro

Just found this little tidbit on another board about Noble House.

Another neat site--click on "journal of stupidities."

I'm still waiting on my artistic proof from them...I don't doubt their legitimacy, but I think they can be best described as a "legal scam."
Old 05-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #29
LuckyJoe
Non-Newbie Sort

I got a letter from Nobel House yesterday. I've been looking into it as everyone else has. Hence how I stumbled accrost this site. Knowing my publishers and where I've published has helped me come to this conclushion. I'm not going to say that I'm right but everyone is looking for an answer. The letter resembles close to all the letters I've got from the International Society of Poetry (poety.com, Watermark Press, Congress of Poetry whatever you might know them as). Yes they are all owned by or are sisters companys of one another. I'm in firm belief that Noble House has joined, been bought out or buys the information of the poets they wish to feature in their compulations.

I haven't read through all the strings of this post but most of them. As someone said they have used ISP (International Society of Poetry) to publish their work. Its a great idea and I support everyone that does this. You're work is getting out to an International audience you're being published. Feels good doesn't it? I was the same way until I looked into things a little deeper. ISP should as someone else said give everyone of the poets involved in the compulation a free copy rather than offering a reduced rate. They are making somewhere around 17.5 million a year in profits. As well as the fact that they accept poetry from anyone no matter the quality. Think of all the six year olds that submit and the parents buy a copy because their child has been published. Its a money cow! I can only hope that by publishing with them its truely helping those who want to make it in the business of writing. Otherwise we're just lining the pockets of someone who has found a legal way to decieve us, the writers.

I myself am going to submit my work to Noble House for the following reason(s). The publication of this compulation"Theatre of the Mind" is going to be 225 pages. Each page containing one single poem. The compulations the Internation Society of Poerty puts together are 265 pages crammed fully of poetry. A typical page has 3 to 6 poems in small font. So if they are picking only 225 people to submit poems for this compulation doesn't that make you feel better than knowing you're one of 795-1590? That means your work has 353% to 707% better chances of being seen. That many less poems to compete with. Look at the numbers and ask yourself this one question "Whats the next step going to be."

Take those figures and you might only be two or three discovery's away from having your own book of poetry published.
I realise that I rambled on but just wanted everyone to see what I figure to be reality. Please forgive me for my spelling as well I know its bad. Its late and I didn't feel like proofreading. Free-type is so much faster
Old 05-08-2003, 02:35 AM   #30
LuckyJoe
Non-Newbie Sort

Ok one last note then I'm going to bed. Really this time. Ok maybe after a smoke :P

I went to the other thread about Nobel House, read all the stuff there and finally a poem I wrote is going to get used. I'm sure it won't do the effect I want it to. But maybe it will make just one blood sucker think for a second that they are crushing the dreams of the hopeful.

Here is the poem I wrote about poetry.com one day when I thought about the evil they were doing. The one I'll be submitting to Nobel House.

How can you sleep at night?
This the only question I ask of you.
Do the images not wake you in fear?
Do those you bleed to death not scream?
Hard earned dollars stolen for your wealth.
In your pocket do they not burn?
So much hatred in the world faced towards you.
Will you never learn?
Will it be only in spilled blood you will see?
The images of darkness cast from you to people like me.
Dreams you painted with false words.
Lying to those who feed you.
By law your words true.
The government backs you’re thieving ways.
Having no soul, cheating because it pays.

At night do you not fear?
Looking behind your back,
Watching for those who stalk…
Always there following; waiting.
For that moment…
To make you bleed.
In your demise we won’t mourn.
But how can we hate?
For in death and change of rule,
There will be no real difference.
Another hawk will fly high…
Stalking us again like pray.

(c) copyright 2003
Karl C. Tompkins

I ofcorse will include a letter with my poem. Happy reading. Wonder if it will land me in jail if they press some sort of charges saying I was threatening them with their life with the waiting to bleed part...hmmm What do you think? Is the idea a go or a no?