The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #61
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I'm sorry, I was using your previous definition of "smoking gun", you know, the definition you've used for the last twenty-five years.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #62
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I was using your previous definition of "smoking gun", you know, the definition you've used for the last twenty-five years.
So why do you still not get it?

If military force is used, it must be used massively, and even with disregard for human life so that the relevant item is destroyed. Embarrassing are so many so emotional as to confuse a 'big dic' attack on irrelevant items with a strategic objective.

Objective of that Syrian attack was intentionally avoided. They did not even take out fuel depots or munitions dumps. The Donald's $100 million attack could only be more trivial had he attacked corn fields.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #63
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Get you head out of your ass, this isn't World of Warcraft. They don't know where the gas is stored or where it's being made, it could be Mrs Murphy's kitchen. The only option was to knock out the air delivery system.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #64
Flint
Snowflake

But they didn't.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #65
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
So why do you still not get it?
Because you changed the definition of "smoking gun" for your discussion of why Israel was allowed to bomb Syria's nuclear facility.

Can you see that yet? We have to agree on your definition or we can't move forward.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #66
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They don't know where the gas is stored or where it's being made,
View the satellite photos. Encircled are bunkers where planes were hit. Also pointed out were the fuel depot (not attacked), storage facility for Sarin (not attacked), all runways (not attacked), and where the Russians and their helicopters were located (far from any attacked bunker).

Get your head out of your intestines. Stop acting as ignorant as that cheapshot artist. Photos in numerous responsible press outlets showed all that only 24 hours after the expensive and irrelevant attack. Why do you know by ignoring satellite pictures even on the front page of newspapers?

What did The Donald not know? If he did not know where the Sarin was made, then he could of acted intelligent like Clinton - who delayed his attacks on Iraq until those locations were accurately identified. But that means The Donald would be patient - not knee jerk emotional.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh, did it have Sarin Storage Facility painted on the roof?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #68
tw

Quote:
Because you changed the definition of "smoking gun" for your discussion of why Israel was allowed to bomb Syria's nuclear facility.
The smoking gun existed long ago. Israel and Syria were still 'technically' at war. Israel was periodically attacking Syria by air. That smoking gun existed long before concrete was poured. I guess that was not obvious. I thought it was.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #69
tw

Quote:
Oh, did it have Sarin Storage Facility painted on the roof?
Give intelligence people some credit. Don't act like Cheney.

How did Kennedy know those were immediate range nuclear missiles inside crates? You need not see Sarin to identify the equipment necessary to store and deploy it. Satellite photos identified Sarin gas storage facilities.

How did they know Sarin came from that base. It could have come from five other airfields? Give the intelligence community a little bit of credit.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #70
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

"technically" even you put quotes around it! What's that supposed to mean? When did the "smoking gun" condition begin, 1982? 1967? 1948?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #71
tw

Quote:
When did the "smoking gun" condition begin, 1982? 1967? 1948?
2000 years before Columbus was born.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sarin is like Meth, it can be put together in a bedroom, a cellar, an attic, Betty Crocker Instant Sarin Mix.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #73
sexobon

Sarin and munitions can be moved from location to location and even kept on the move in mobile units. Just because it was at a particular location yesterday doesn't mean it will still be there today for an airstrike.

More importantly, if we strike a Sarin location, there's no guarantee it's going to instantly destroy all of the agent. It can disperse the agent (even mixing binary munitions), which is dangerous in both liquid and gaseous form (high volatility), can be lethal even in low concentrations, and works through inhalation or skin absorption (even vapor concentrations can penetrate the skin). Clothing contaminated with Sarin can release the agent for another half an hour.

The US would have no control over the fallout pattern from the explosions, who might be directly exposed to the Sarin; or, secondary exposures through contact with those already contaminated. Others would be able to claim that US strikes targeting CW had the effect of a CW attack. With people (especially Russians) in the area, it would take something like a developmentally impaired mind to think that targeting CW would have been a good idea.

sexobon: ∞ and beyond, tw: -3
Old 04-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #74
tw

Quote:
Sarin is like Meth, it can be put together in a bedroom, a cellar, an attic, Betty Crocker Instant Sarin Mix.
Even June Cleaver is a potential terrorist! Leave it to Beaver to raise a mom like that.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #75
sexobon

If the US attack on Syria made Ivanka happy, it was good for America.

Tags
ping, pong