Old 10-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #736
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

right on time, the excellent Chloe Valdary

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #737
Griff
still says videotape

I got a call from a client yesterday. The agency she is working through for visitation just got shutdown due to positive staff tests. Folks were getting complacent around here...
Old 10-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #738
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Old 10-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #739
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

J's test came back negative. Mine is still pending
Old 10-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #740
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I hope he catches MRSA.
Been there, done that. I wouldn't recommend it.

I didn't get the shirt, but, I got a weird little gown get-up, and a pretty nifty drinky-cup...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #741
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

If the United States had a death toll from COVD-19 at the same rate as the rest of the world we would have about 50,000 deaths, 5% of the total.
Instead we have 200,000, 20% of the total.
There is one main reason that the extra 150,000 Americans have died this year and it is Donald Trump and his ignorance, arrogance, selfishness, greed and dishonesty.
I am afraid that given that fact, I cannot find it in my heart or mind to give a damn if he dies of the disease he has all but caused.
He does not deserve our hopes and prayers or our forgiveness.
He has pillaged and vandalized this country and made the world worse for all its people except for an extremely few.
He and his vile enablers will lie their way through his illness in the coming days and use it to benefit their campaign.
It is foolish to expect any decency from them.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #742
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
He will be gone, someday; but what will you have become?
dead from covid?

grandmother to and sole carer of a severely disabled child? one whose parents can't afford any other options because they are buried under student debt? Who had no choice but to bring that unfortunate child into the world?

mother of a dead soldier drafted to fight a war with China he started even though he didn't have the guts to be drafted himself?

a member of a society when people with brown skin live in fear and aren't treated equally in the workplace, in stores, at the doctor's office, in the hospital, by banks and insurance companies, in the schools? One where it's ok to abuse and degrade women?

I don't (think I) wish him dead. But whatever it takes to prevent him "serving" a second term is gonna be something I'll certainly consider being OK with. And I won't be mourning if he really does have it and it kills him. karma is a bitch.

Either he lied about having it for political gain or he lied about the precautions taken at the WH (for political gain).
Old 10-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #743
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

The Donald knows how much everyone all over the world loves him so he's hanging in there for youse guys. It's a miracle!

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:08 AM   #744
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He won't die of this. In that past year since it first appeared in September of 2019 the medical researchers have made great strides in understanding how this virus behaves in the body. At first they said it screwed the lungs so the went with vents, but from tests and autopsies they're finding how it attacks the heart and blood as well as doing brain damage in some people.

Trump doesn't have to worry about brain damage, and like the Grinch his heart is tiny. So if they can stop the lung damage he'll be tweeting it's no worse than the flu in no time.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:42 AM   #745
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Do you remember the PharmaFist from Canada?
He's been posting about various facets of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Most are posted in French but Chrome automatically translates for me.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2020, 07:19 AM   #746
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
... So if they can stop the lung damage he'll be tweeting it's no worse than the flu in no time.
They'll make a movie about his ordeal. It'll be titled: One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:59 PM   #747
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Is the global total death count... Without respect to cause.... Abnormally high this year? I've tried to find raw numbers, but I just see crude death rate and such. 8.3 deaths per thousand, etc.

I want to see a chart with how many people on earth died each month for the last 48 months or so. Is there a discernable spike since the Wuhan got loose?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #748
jaminhealth
Banned

Hi Dude and all, on this Covid, I have and will continue to keep my Immune System strong and healthy. The US and world are in sad places..

Due to other issues I have not had to wear a mask as I stay around my apt bldg and love the fresh air I breath when I out outside and MOST of my friends don't wear one when they visit me.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-06-2020 at 07:45 PM.
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 PM   #749
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
Is the global total death count... Without respect to cause.... Abnormally high this year? I've tried to find raw numbers, but I just see crude death rate and such. 8.3 deaths per thousand, etc.

I want to see a chart with how many people on earth died each month for the last 48 months or so. Is there a discernable spike since the Wuhan got loose?
This article has a partial view of the expected vs. actual deaths charts you're looking for--not for all causes in total, but looking individually at heart attacks, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and stroke in key states between March and May of this year. Some of the increase may be directly related to a stealth COVID infection, while some may also be regular health incidents that would have been survivable in a normal year, but people were afraid to go to the hospital.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #750
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Yah there's that too. When this first started, and they shut the world down, I thought, the collateral damage would be worse than the disease. I was thinking economically and psychologically, but people being afraid or unable to get treatment must be considered as well.

The alienation might still come out to be the worst part of it at the end though. The economy will recover. We'll 'beat' the virus.... But the fear of others and separateness may take longer to heal. The normalizing pressure. We see another human as a threat now. We have divergent opinions about the severity of the disease and divide further along lines that didn't exist before. He should wear a mask, she should calm down, etc. New words and phrases like anti-masker and social distance have entered the lexicon.

These uncertain times.

It's all about division. The speed at which news travels is a major factor. Things change quickly and become normal easily.
Look what happened to the name Karen in the last year.

That's why I want a 100 mile up look at things. It's the only way to get an objective view
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote