Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #167
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Except that none of this is normal.

You guys, this isn't normal.

It's not.
This has always been normal for Trump. Nothing new. As obvious in the presidential campaign over 1 year ago.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #168
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]? Tw is just a propagandist abusing this venue. Nothing new. As obvious in the Cellar since over 1 year ago.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #169
Griff
still says videotape

He is beginning to send the stock market the other way. That is the only sin in modern 'merica.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #170
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

meh, what's 'normal'?

Here's what you got, multiple times...

An unnamed source ponies up unsubstantiated information to a propagandist rag, one overtly skewed against Trump.

Promptly, other propagandist outlets, all overtly skewed against Trump, snatch up on the story, each and every one declaring him guilty (without real investigation, without trial).

Sound and fury, signifying nuthn'.

Trump ain't goin' nowhere.

And even if he does...

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._of_succession
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #171
glatt

Most of the stories have been substantiated numerous times over by multiple sources. They are unnamed only to the public. The newspapers know their names. If their names were shared, then they would stop talking freely.

Papers like the Washington Post and NYT may slant their stories by their choice of words, but they don't make shit up.

In fact, the White House comes out after these stories and say they are absolutely false, and then confirm them as they talk about each individual detail. Like the sharing top secret info with the Russians story.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #172
henry quirk

"Most of the stories have been substantiated numerous times over by multiple sources. They are unnamed only to the public. The newspapers know their names. If their names were shared, then they would stop talking freely."

I see...I should 'trust' the propagandists...cuz they're 'reporters', have 'ethics', are 'moral'. And the anons, I should 'trust' them too...cuz they offer up 'fact' while wearing a mask.

Mueller, with the wide scope of his lent power, may just put an end to all that unnamed sourcing...hell, he'll have to...the accused always gets to face his accuser in court.

#

"Papers like the Washington Post and NYT may slant their stories by their choice of words, but they don't make shit up."

When the Post printed that Comey wanted more resources for the 'Russia Investigation' and AD McCabe sez 'no, that didn't happen, we have adequate resources', what was that?

When some rag reported the DoJ's Rosenstein had a conniption and threatened to quit, and Rosenstein sez 'no that didn't happen', what was that?

Honest mistake, or propaganda...the Shadow knows (and soon, so will we, by way of Mueller).

#

"Like the sharing top secret info with the Russians story."

Trump's sin here is bein' knocked off-kilter, gettin' flustered, shootin' his mouth off. That, and bein' surrounded by (perhaps) well-intentioned advisors givin' him god-awful advice. He does sumthn' well within the scope of his office and he gets slammed, supposedly cuz he outted Israel...funny, I ain't heard one word of complaint from Netanyahu...mebbe cuz he'd given his blessing to that disclosure before hand?

I don't know...I'm thinkin' the press doesn't know either (but, damned straight, they will write stories claiming they do).

Understand, I'm not a Trump apologist...he was, as I explained elsewhere, the lesser of two evils to me (and still is)...if he done wrong, let that wrong be aired, proven, and dealt with, in court. This flaying away at him, this declaration -- subtle or gross -- of his guilt by folks who are supposed to convey fact, not color it, is small and wrong. I'll no more climb up on that haywagon than I will the other where all riders say Trump can do no wrong.

I'll applaude when he does good; condemn when his wrong-doing is proven...till then: this cheese stands alone.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #173
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
if he done wrong, let that wrong be aired, proven, and dealt with, in court. This flaying away at him, this declaration -- subtle or gross -- of his guilt by folks who are supposed to convey fact, not color it, is small and wrong.
Apparently you were not around for Watergate. A seriously corrupt president was removed only because facts were provided in a same manner. This is democracy doing things right. Reporting facts. As learned from Watergate, it can take years of facts to finally get rid of a president - who even massacred tens of thousands of Americans in Vietnam to protect his legacy.

Some presidents work for a nation. Others work to promote themselves. At this point, nobody can deny it. Trump is the latter. The constant drip... drip... drip... necessary in a healthy democracy makes that obvious.

Trump is not an honest man. That much was obvious so long ago. So much so that psychiatrists even ask if his lying is a symptom of mental illness. Not yet known is if any impeachable crimes have been committed. And so we absolutely need a constant drip... drip... drip... At this point, it would be the only thing that keeps Trump from committing impeachable crimes.

Putin got the type of President he wanted. Trump is a perfect patsy for a chess player like Putin.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM   #174
henry quirk

"Not yet known is if any impeachable crimes have been committed"

Bingo!

Nice of you to admit it.

It would be equally nice if 'the press' could admit it too.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #175
glatt

Has he been impeached?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #176
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

There's no such thing as an "impeachable crime"; it's purely up to Congress. Their guidance is "high crimes and misdemeanors", but in the end it's just whether 50%+1 of the Representatives, and 67% of the Senators want you out.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #177
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
There's no such thing as an "impeachable crime"; it's purely up to Congress. Their guidance is "high crimes and misdemeanors", but in the end it's just whether 50%+1 of the Representatives, and 67% of the Senators want you out.
Actually, it's about half that. If 50% + 1 of the Representatives vote in favor of impeachement, the President is impeached. Period.

The Senate may or may not convict with a 2/3 vote in favor, but the President is still impeached, cf. Clinton.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #178
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
... Not yet known is if any impeachable crimes have been committed. ... At this point, it would be the only thing that keeps Trump from committing impeachable crimes. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
There's no such thing as an "impeachable crime" ...
There seems to be a disparity here.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #179
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

There are impeachable crimes, they just aren't written into law.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #180
sexobon

You mean like fashion crimes?