The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 02-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #31
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Did you choose optimistic? I am the Grand optimist.

That’s why people like you!

I just used the default.

But I’m optimistic. And everyone is blown away when I tell them something about my age. I mention having a kid in college and they can’t believe it. They think I have a grade schooler just like them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #32
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

You're skinny. I wouldn't fight you. Skinny guys fight till they're burger.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #33
Griff
still says videotape

What would be the point of fighting a guy with no good eatin' on him?
Old 02-13-2020, 01:02 AM   #34
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They told me I should have died 17 years ago.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:22 AM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Monday, December 29, 2025

Seems fitting that it's a Monday...And cold.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:05 AM   #36
anonymous
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I'm sure my ID is obvious, but please allow me to stay anon to protect my offspring. And me, maybe...

In addition to losing my job (and health insurance for me and my 3 college kids) this month, I learned today my 18yo son is being dumped by his DBT therapy center for being distracted, disruptive and uninvested in his therapy...

MAKE IT STOP. I surrender. I failed, I give up. Whatever it is I need to do/say, I just want it to stop. I swear I'm not a bad person, I don't deserve it. Even if I were a bad person, I'm sure I must have already endured enough punishment the last couple of years.

Ok done whining, thank you. Ignore me, carry on....
There is no respite. I ran away. Went on vacation. far far away, by myself. for the first time ever. Just booked flights and a car, no other plans....

Day One. Day fucking One.... (which I spent flying then driving from airport to potential fun place) The little shit who swore faithfully he could be adult etc etc etc... stayed up til who knows when playing vid games....

....... and so on Day Two..... fell asleep at the wheel on the way to college and rear-ended someone, rendering the car undrivable. His college is a 45 minute drive. The radiator got fucked because the car was still awaiting repair from his last crash and had no front bumpers (repair scheduled for his spring break in 2 weeks...)

So..... on my way to the first thing I decided to do on my getaway, I saw an interesting market and stopped to take a look. because I could. I could do anything that took my fancy.... I made my first pass through the market to see if it was worth any time..... and then got a text that he'd crashed....

1) I have spent more of my vacation dealing with this shit than vacationing
2) I have an awesome friend who rescued the little shit, helped deal with getting the car out of the pound, and has taken the fucker to school every day and gotten him home again (I had to print and sign and get notarized a document and email back to the cops to get the car out to be towed from pound to repair shop when I was on a subtropical island trying to enjoy nature, she got cash to pay the $300 town and impound fees....)
3) He was surprised when I said he wouldn't be able to attend gaming club at college tonight because it would not be ok to ask my friend to go get him late at night instead of at 5pm after class (on the same day she took him there at 8am)
4) Please make it stop. Without fatalities.
5) This vacation is only 7 days so I can be back in time to be with him for a speeding ticket hearing next Tues to try and avoid the three points.

Fuck numbering shit, I'm just whining in an unstructured fashion now. I was gobsmacked he actually passed his driving test.... But unbelievably grateful. But he's terrible. so many accidents last year, Psych decided prob needed ADHD med booster before driving home from school. Seemed to work. But since starting Uni in September, he has two tickets for parking, two for speeding, and two for causing crashes. He has 3 points already, case on Tues is to avoid 3 more, new crash new points.... 12 is done. Done is no way to get to college. Done is probably a good thing. For other road users. But not Uni is a very very bad thing. He is skirting failure AFIACT but really really wants to do this course

I severely doubt he will learn anything from this incident, just be angry and bitter and assuming that others will help him out

He is capable of driving well. He is not capable of doing it if no-one is watching
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:30 AM   #37
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sounds like a bicycle is looming on the horizon, maybe an electric one later.
I think a vacation from the phone would be most refreshing but I guess mothers aren't allowed that luxury.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:40 AM   #38
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SonofV has no license, for his own reasons. Being unable to drive is an inconvenience, but not career ending... Like a car crash could be. For that matter his licensed older brother had driving shit like you described, and grew out of it.

Do not despair.

Easier said than done, but doable.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:47 AM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe a target, a goal, that not having a license would preclude. Have to want it bad though not just a whim.

Mine was living miles out in the country the license was the passport to freedom, as there were no electronic(or any other) distractions and no public transportation.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #40
Griff
still says videotape

Now I'm livid for you. I'm seeing the same irresponsible bullshit from a kid I'm close to. There seems to be no end to blaming others for his problems.

They both probably need an apartment, a community college, a job, and a bus line. The kid I know can get and lose jobs like nobody's business and is always pissed at someone for his life.

I had Pete send a picture of the Lowes Help Wanted sign to basement kid's mom. I'm turning into a cranky old-timer. Get off my lawn!

Tags
cheez whiz