The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
rkzenrage

Post Your Pet

We are in the process of adopting Barney. Met him today for the first time, part of the process.

Barney.

This is Lula, our Giant Schnauzer.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #2
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

CHLOE!!! so much personality

Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
rkzenrage

Too cute, love the floppy ears!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
Tse Moana
You're just jealous 'cause the little voices talk to me

My dog, Tessa.

Tse Moana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Interesting colors on that Tessa. Has she always been like that? Is she a mixed breed?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Tessa is beautiful.

Chloe looks like one of those dogs that wouldn't stand out in a pack but gentle, loyal and smarter than most of your friends.

Lula looks like a party animal.....fun galore.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:54 AM   #7
Tse Moana
You're just jealous 'cause the little voices talk to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Interesting colors on that Tessa. Has she always been like that? Is she a mixed breed?
Yeah she is. When we got her we were told she was a Stabyhoun (Dutch breed) but when she grew older we realised she wan't 100% that as her coat is too curly and thick to be a pure bred. We think she has Wetterhoun (another Dutch breed, related to the Stabyhoun) in her as they are somwhat similar in general build and all, just a bit thicker and much more curly. The colouration though, is normal for a Stabyhoun. They are generally black & white; either in bigger spots or miced like this, while Wetterhoun tend to be brown and white.

The other doggies in here, love them!
Tse Moana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
smillie
Romantic Necromancer

9 of 10 sleeping under the stove.

Since I haven't attached an image before I hope this works...
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillie
9 of 10 sleeping under the stove.

Since I haven't attached an image before I hope this works...
I've fallen in love with every single one of them smillie.

I adore Ferrets !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad

This robin has taken up living under my deck. It's very good at giving you the evil eye for having the nerve to walk near its nest.

At one of my work places a robin made a nest in the glass corner of a building. It was visible from the hallway. way cool UT.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #10
impress
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

I don't have children except for my fur babies. This is Mr. Mazel. He's currently on chemotherapy for lymphoma.

Name:  Mazel.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  32.0 KB

This is Miss Mitzvah. She's in renal failure.

Name:  stunning.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  41.7 KB

Here she is, as an infant:
Name:  Mitzvah as an infant 2.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  33.4 KB

To this day (14 years later) she still likes to sit on my shoulder and is there while I'm typing this right now.

Mitzvah and Mazel are the only things in my life that give me joy.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
Char*Pntr
Complex Simpleton

Harley, Golden Retriever

Harley is pictured here around 1 year ago 2009. He was a "drop off" dog, meaning, people who are losing their homes, drive by, open the car door, and kick out their pet. We took him into our home, and at a Vet checkup, he only weighed 65 pounds. Last month, a year later, his weight is 75 pounds, and we've been told to give him more walks and put him on a diet.

Pictured here, is my lovely Thai wife, a newly naturalized U.S. citizen.

The picture of my dog Harley, does not clearly show how large he really is.

He has been well trained at some point. He loves women and children, and he is very protective. I've found, that when we have women and children at our house for a few days, he sleeps with them, and when I get up in the morning, I seem to startle him. He growls and barks at me, until he realizes it's just me. He never growls at women or children, only men it seems.
Edit: This post was authorized by xoxoxoBruce.
Attached Images

Last edited by Char*Pntr; 10-17-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: clarification
Char*Pntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
Char*Pntr
Complex Simpleton

Is a dog *Really* man's best friend?

I don't think so. My wife is overseas, and Harley has been in depression ever since my wife left to take her mother home in Thailand.

While it's nice to have my mother in law at our house for a while, after 6 months, it became unbearable (1 day before her US Visa expired). The saving grace during this whole time, was, well her mother only speaks Thai, and I only know enough Thai to be dangerous.

So I looked forward to the day (last week) when I drove her and my wife to SFO airport so that she could return her mother home. This was a time I dreamed about all summer long - I thought it would be party time for me and my dog Harley. Wife gone, open up the beer, barbecue a steak or two, and let Harley sit at the table with me.

Boy, was I wrong! Of course Harley was excited to see me come back from the airport, and danced around the front room when I came back after a few hours. But then he realized something was wrong - he did not see my wife. I could then after 15 mins. see the sadness in Harley's eyes.

That's when my party crashed. The next morning was Monday. And Harley is somehow programmed, he sits at front of the door that opens up to the garage when my wife comes home from work every day at 4:30pm.

He patiently waits there everyday at 4:30pm waiting for my wife to come home. When his sadness became apparent to me, I've tried everything I can do to perk him up. I take him on extra walks, I give him doggie treats, and hug him. The joy I give him, only lasts for a few mins. After that, it's pure, raw sadness for him.

A few days ago, several of the regulars here, encouraged me to post a second pic. But I had to wait a few days, as I couldn't post anything because, it's got to the point where I choke up on tears.

My happy dog, seen on my first post here, has anything but a happy face now. My "vacation" has been nothing less than hell. I don't have a camera to document this, because my wife took it to Thailand.

He's seems to be a bit better now. I'll tell him "Momma back soon" and his ears perks up, and he runs to the garage door and patiently waits for the door to open. It doesn't so he just lays in front of the door, waiting for it to open. So for now on, I don't say "Momma".

Harley will be happy, this coming Saturday, when I will drive to the SFO airport to pick up my wife.

Pictured here, is Harley in his Halloween costume, on the evening of 10/31/2009.

Having said all of this, Harley has definitely taught me one thing:
That would be, who's the boss in this house. And that a dog is not necessarily a man's best friend. :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by Char*Pntr; 10-18-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Char*Pntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe he only understands Thai?
Well she obviously has both of you under control. You said before he prefers women, he may even see you as a rival for her attention. Take him out for pizza & beer. Find him a slut, that usually takes most boys minds off their troubles for a bit.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #14
Char*Pntr
Complex Simpleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Maybe he only understands Thai?
Well she obviously has both of you under control. You said before he prefers women, he may even see you as a rival for her attention. Take him out for pizza & beer. Find him a slut, that usually takes most boys minds off their troubles for a bit.
LMAO - I was just ready to turn in when I got your reply on email.

Well, it turns out that whoever had him last, got him neutered..
but tomorrow, I'll find out how he likes beer and pizza!

Enough of this crap.. A while ago I discovered a funny thread on here with pics... one was of all these gorgeous naked asian chicks around a monk. Now I have to search through 4,000 pics I took in Thailand see if I have anything like that.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

chloe barks like crazy at anyone she doesnt know but would never bite them. scares the shit out of people though.