Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #646
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  saycheese.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  66.7 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #647
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

They were raised together.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #648
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 10-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #649
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #650
Griff
still says videotape

That is the best frikkin adorable.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #651
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

These are adorable. I guess I have to get video of the two very hardworking chipmunks who live at opposite ends of our back deck; they've been carrying hickory nuts to their nests for weeks now. Occasionally our neighbor's cat strolls across the yard and the chipmunks freeze; the cat is too well fed to notice. The groundhogs have gone to ground in the past week or so; no more sightings. While the wild turkeys were grazing on the back slope, the groundhogs mingled (safety in numbers) and grazed as well; but now that the turkeys have drifted back into denser cover, all is quiet. The deer were numerous a couple of weeks ago but, thankfully, have now withdrawn. I don't want to see any now that bow season is here.

I should explain that our property is small, only 13 acres, and our house is situated so that it's less than 150 yards from anywhere on the property. Hunters firing rifles at the property line are too close to our house to be 'safe', per PA laws - never mind the fact that almost any rifle used by most hunters will carry farther than 150 yards. Most rifles used will fire a bullet 1-2 miles, as in the fatality we had in our county last year that was ruled an accident.

Three years ago, on Thanksgiving weekend, my daughter and I were decorating the Christmas tree in our home - against a large window in our great room - when we heard a dozen rifle shots close to the house. We looked out the window and saw a man walk up out of the ravine from our creek, into our backyard, literally a few feet from our back deck. He was holding his rifle, dressed in camo. I was livid. I bolted for the back door.

I ran out after the man, who had started up our back slope toward our woods. I yelled at him. "What the HELL do you think you're doing? Who do you think you are? There's a house here! You just shot your gun beside a HOUSE!!" He kept going. My husband caught up to me and grabbed my arm. He pulled me back, saying, this guy has a gun. Come back into the house. I was screaming at the guy. He kept going. I could see his hunting license on the back of his jacket but couldn't read it.

The guy walked away from us. If I'd been able to get a picture of his license, I could've had it pulled. That's the ONLY thing these guys care about. Nothing else matters. They wouldn't mind winging somebody and saying later that it was an accident. They'd get away with it in rural Pennsylvania.

Our 'posted' signs have all been torn down by the local yahoos. The local Walmart is out of them, per usual, and does not plan to order any more. It's another typical hunting season in northwest PA.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #652
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
That's the ONLY thing these guys care about. Nothing else matters. They wouldn't mind winging somebody and saying later that it was an accident. They'd get away with it in rural Pennsylvania.
You're lumping all hunters together with this jerk.

Please don't do that.

Almost all hunters (I guess that should read 'all responsible hunters') are extremely accommodating to "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting" signs. It's one of the cornerstones of our hunting culture that plays a very large part in maintaining that culture.

Again, please don't lump us all in with the assholes. We are not all like that.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #653
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

***NSFW Baboon Weiner Alert NSFW***

Old 10-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #654
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
I should explain that our property is small, only 13 acres, and our house is situated so that it's less than 150 yards from anywhere on the property. Hunters firing rifles at the property line are too close to our house to be 'safe', per PA laws - never mind the fact that almost any rifle used by most hunters will carry farther than 150 yards. Most rifles used will fire a bullet 1-2 miles, as in the fatality we had in our county last year that was ruled an accident.

Three years ago, on Thanksgiving weekend, my daughter and I were decorating the Christmas tree in our home - against a large window in our great room - when we heard a dozen rifle shots close to the house. We looked out the window and saw a man walk up out of the ravine from our creek, into our backyard, literally a few feet from our back deck. He was holding his rifle, dressed in camo. I was livid. I bolted for the back door.

I ran out after the man, who had started up our back slope toward our woods. I yelled at him. "What the HELL do you think you're doing? Who do you think you are? There's a house here! You just shot your gun beside a HOUSE!!" He kept going. My husband caught up to me and grabbed my arm. He pulled me back, saying, this guy has a gun. Come back into the house. I was screaming at the guy. He kept going. I could see his hunting license on the back of his jacket but couldn't read it.

The guy walked away from us. If I'd been able to get a picture of his license, I could've had it pulled. That's the ONLY thing these guys care about. Nothing else matters. They wouldn't mind winging somebody and saying later that it was an accident. They'd get away with it in rural Pennsylvania.

Our 'posted' signs have all been torn down by the local yahoos. The local Walmart is out of them, per usual, and does not plan to order any more. It's another typical hunting season in northwest PA.
goddamnit, I replied to this and must have previewed and closed without posting... again. sigh

OK, what this hunter did was illegal and dickish. He should be punished, and have his license yanked. You have every right to be thoroughly pissed off, I would be too. However, when relating the incident to people, if you rant about hunters in generalizations, there's a good chance someone they love, Dad, Granddad, brother, lover, is a hunter(Not being sexist, there are very few women hunters). That may reduce your story to an anti-hunting rant in their mind, rather than factual incident they're likely to repeat. And you want it repeated often.

The same applies to the guns shoot 1 to 2 miles thing. No matter how much you shit your pants, the fact remains if he shot in your direction you'd have holes in your house. Again, if it doesn't reduce sympathy from the listener, chances are they are already anti-hunting/guns or a bunny hugger. These are not the people you want to win over. You want the pro-hunting/guns person who is a rational human being(I think you'd be surprised what a large percentage they are), to hear your complaint.

By all means, tell what happened, how scared you were, and how pissed off you were and are, but leave out the hyperbole that may alienate the listener before they hear you out.
Or next time just shoot the fucker and report an accident.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #655
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A deer in Tennessee runs onto the soccer field. And scores a gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #656
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've seen video, National Geographic I think, of a Vampire Bat actually walking across the ground to reach a sleeping cow. It used wing tips as a substitute for front legs and looked really creepy. The only type of bat that does that.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #657
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I gotcher video right here

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #658
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, that wasn't the one I saw but it shows how they walk better. Looks like they fold half the wing under and walk on the end of the bone structure, where that hook is at the top of the wing. Cool, thanks UT.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #659
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Getting the point. looks like a museum diorama.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #660
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Gotcha...
Attached Images