The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #946
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

My nephew dropped out of 5th grade math, so he can be with his "friends" in 4th grade. Grrrr....I'm so mad. I have to butt heads with my brother all the time just so my nephew can study at a higher level. Actually, he even makes a point to criticize education and prevent the kid from studying more. My nephew is so damn smart, but my brother doesn't want to make him study. My nephew now has become lazy and if something isn't easy, he doesn't care to try to get it. He just wants life to be easy. This kid is going to be sorely disappointed when he grows up. I give up; I'm not going to try anymore. What a waste of intelligence and talent. (He's very musically inclined but he quit piano because he doesn't want to practice although it only takes him a fraction of a time to get it compared to an average kid.) I just told him if he wants to not study and go to stupid, gangster schools and become stupid, go right ahead. I'm not going to scold him to study anymore. I know I'm being mean and going to regret saying those stuffs, but I'm just so mad and frustrated right now. He's not my kid, so I can't force him. I'm going to start practice not caring.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #947
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Wow ... no words. What is up with your brother? Why is he acting like that?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #948
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
He's not my kid
There ya go. Just sayin'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #949
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, you can't be Tiger Mom to other people's kids, besides, you tried to drown the kid.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #950
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
besides, you tried to drown the kid.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #951
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yeah, you can't be Tiger Mom to other people's kids, besides, you tried to drown the kid.
With love, yes. I don't have kids of my own. Gotta torture some other people's kids.

So, that night, I said to him when I saw him again, "I'm mad at you." He said, "I know." That boy is smarter than some men I know. LOL....Knew why I was mad at him. Anyways, he explained that being in 5th grade math would take him out of science and social studies, but he likes those subjects. He promised to continue working on those supplemental workbooks and learn 5th grade math at home if I teach him. So, I stopped being upset.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #952
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I think it's great, Lola. You never know what might inspire a kid. There's a kid in my neighborhood who doesn't have a lot of advantages so I always ask him about school and I tell him he should be a scientist because he likes bugs and lizards and stuff so much.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #953
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

It's great that you're giving the kid some self-confidence. My nephew wants to be a helicopter engineer when he grows up. He loves helicopters, so he wants to create new helicopters that aren't in the market yet. He already has in mind what he wants in a helicopter. I have to keep reminding him that he needs an education to have enough basic knowledge to build on to do what he wants whenever he gets lazy.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #954
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Wow, helicopters are a tough choice considering it's a miniscule market compared to other aircraft. That results in much fewer possible employers too, which is a consideration if you don't have a few $Billion laying around to go it alone. But once he gets his Aerospace engineering degree he can decide how he wants to go.

Assuming he doesn't fall in lust and decide they can live on love in a van down by the river.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #955
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sshhhhhh.... dont let him know that. I use this dream of his to persuade him that having an education is good. :-)
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #956
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

And I have a grown nephew who completed his college education quite well, joined the Marines as an officer, and is training to be a helicopter pilot for the Marines. Education is always good. Your nephew can do great things. Keep persuading!

p.s. Math is very important for those kinds of goals.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #957
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Best motivation ever:

Name:  show them.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  47.9 KB

Old 10-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #958
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yahoo Mail has been down for hours, and I need to send some damn emails.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #959
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Working for me. I haven't had any trouble today, and I've been off and on Ymail since about 11am.

Try this site, put in the Yahoo mail log in page. Tells ya if the site is down for just you, or for everybody.

I'm using the free email, btw.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #960
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  justyou.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  24.7 KB

Tags
limburger