The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #16
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
You're cheesy when you whine.
Quoting the racist Trump but again. Your love of the racist is mammoth. Is that because he has a 30 second attention span? Which also only understands insults?

Man Who Mocked George Floyd’s Killing Is Fired by FedEx

See that big Trump supporter sign. They also love his 30 second atttention span.

Last edited by tw; 06-10-2020 at 11:45 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #17
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

At least Trump's narrative isn't stuck in a loop like yours.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #18
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

It has been since, what, the 80s? At least?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #19
tw

And so today, another safe haven for racists has been terminated. NASCAR will no longer let racists post their flag - a Confederate flag.

Well Donald Trump. What do you say about that? The world awaits another 140 character promulgation.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, fedex fired one of their drivers and a NJ corrections officer who was there filming has been suspended.
What about their first amendment rights? Tasteless, yes, but being an asshole is not illegal, is it?
Can fedex fire you for not going to church, going to a strip club, masturbating?

I'm torn because I like to see him bitch slapped, but I don't want his rights violated too.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:33 AM   #21
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
OK, fedex fired one of their drivers and a NJ corrections officer who was there filming has been suspended.

What about their first amendment rights? Tasteless, yes, but being an asshole is not illegal, is it?

Can fedex fire you for not going to church, going to a strip club, masturbating?

I'm torn because I like to see him bitch slapped, but I don't want his rights violated too.
First Amendment just says you can say shit without the government putting you in jail; it doesn't say anything about shielding you from the natural consequences of your speech. Employers have the right to fire and hire who they see fit, aside from a few "protected classes." To that end, the answers to your questions are: no (religion is a protected class,) yes, and yes. In the 70s-80s, Ross Perot was famous for his policy of firing any employee who got caught cheating on their spouse.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #22
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Excellent answer Clodfobble.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #23
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
First Amendment ... doesn't say anything about shielding you from the natural consequences of your speech.
One good point.

Another. They were openly advocating violation of another's Constitutional rights. And encouraging violence.

A third. A major problem in police departments. Many precinct commanders tried to eliminate their bad applies. To only have those bad applies pushed back into their department. Many jobs require people to to be civil. To be responsible. To even protect the rights of others - which is what the Constitution is really about.

Clearly a prison guard, that is racist, is not a good (or safe) employee. Clearly a Fed Ex delivery man (is he bonded), who is responsible for the packages of all customers, cannot be trusted when he harbors hate.

Management must protect their companies products or services. And reputation. Unfortunately, many police departments do not have those options due to top management that has refused to deal with these problems. As demonstrated in so many places such a Baltimore, Louisville, and Minneapolis.

Also likely, FedEx and the prison have had previous problems with these people. Racists tend to be difficult (emotional) employees. Maybe they finally had enough.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #24
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Also, there is no reason anyone should have to have to work alongside - or employ - monsters.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #25
tw

A Republican dominated Senate voted to remove names of Confederate leaders on military assets. Trump condemns it claiming it would harm our heritage. What heritage? Racism? Slavery? Maybe we should also name a military base after a German General who is also part of our heritage: Kampfgruppe Peiper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom.
Winning, victory, and freedom to enslave people? And to become traitors to the United States (as so many American generals now described them)? Scary are so many Cellar dwellers who still do not condemn a scumbag. Even foreign nationals are posting more and aggressive condemnations of him - as any American patriot would be doing here.

Why are UG, Henry Quirk, et al remaining silent? By condemning Trump, they would prove to not be racists. Racists instead resort to silence. Better is to remain silent rather than admit to strong support for Trump.

Trump is so racist that he cannot even keep his mouth shut. He has been posting racism every day this month.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:16 AM   #26
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
… Why are UG, Henry Quirk, et al remaining silent? By condemning Trump, they would prove to not be racists. Racists instead resort to silence. Better is to remain silent rather than admit to strong support for Trump. ...
Letting accusations fly that someone isn't politically correct and telling them they have to prove that they are to your satisfaction is the kind of political correctness fanaticism that got Trump elected in the first place and a conservative leaning US Supreme Court appointed to hinder you for the rest of your life.

You lost. No matter who will be President, you lost.

No one has to prove anything to the loser.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #27
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Letting accusations fly that someone isn't politically correct and telling them they have to prove that they are to your satisfaction is the kind of political correctness fanaticism that got Trump elected in the first place
Refusing to condemn Trump's daily racism demonstrates a constant approval.

Then posting another cheapshot - calling someone a loser - further demonstrates your alliance with that racist. Doing exactly what Trump does only demonstrates tacit support of racism. And hate. And ignorance that characterized Trump and his supporters (that include Putin).
Old 06-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #28
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Refusing to condemn Trump's daily racism demonstrates a constant approval. ...
That's not what you're about. You're demanding it be done here in the Cellar just to appease you. Typical control freaky, leftist extremist.

You lost.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:37 AM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

There's just so much garbage out there in a myriad of styles from the (reputable organization) said, some sort of twisted logic, to if you don't believe me you're stupid, and a lot more.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2020, 12:05 AM   #30
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

@tw: next line in the verse is "Nary a one, hemipygian."
"Inanition -- there's your position."