The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #16
lumberpoet
forsooth

sadly missing recognition
loved, unloved, unrequited
racing time, life escaping
fleeting love, breifly tasting
settle into death together
it's not at all about the weather
Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #17
mrnoodle
bent

marichiko's is more accurate than mine. but there are still elements of what i was saying, because anyone isn't just one person, it's every person. Any individual in the town can fill the place of "anyone".

Except that stanza with the children in it. that throws a monkey wrench in my whole theory. I have an alternate Santa Claus theory (spirit of Christmas, whatever), but i can't write today.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #18
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
OK, this better not find its way under some dread red pencil:

A man lived in a town that was about the mechanics of life, rather than the lyrics of it. Most people didn’t care for this man because he didn’t fit in with the rest of them. Some of the children were able to sense this man’s uniqueness, but they grew up and became like the rest of the towns people.

Noone loved the man – maybe no one really did or maybe it took the town nobody to love him. At any rate, he ultimately met the same fate of everyone else in this town all about how – ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

That’s what happens when you live your life based on “how” rather than “why.”
barefoot serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
dirtycorner
the kind you can't clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Noone loved the man – maybe no one really did or maybe it took the town nobody to love him.
you see, when i read this, my initial thought was that noone, like anyone, was a person. a female. his lover. and she loved him. i think the children were still innocent enough to recognize their love.

i don't think she was the town nobody. i think she was just another non-conformist. they were like ying and yang.

the town people slept their dream, they had dreams and ambitions, they just never realized any of them, they went to sleep at night to experience them. they taught and practiced the same existance generation after generation, never aspiring. anyone and noone dreamed their sleep, they lived their lives and dreams, they slept to sleep, they were satisfied even when they awoke. they didn't end up like the rest of them - they stayed true through it all.
dirtycorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #20
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

here're 113 more opinions about it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #21
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

I'll stick with my life cycle interpretation - the abstracts noone (no-one) and anyone are to my mind just a way of describing how we don't know about other people that aren't close to us. This is typical of the life of everyone and life in general. We may see the same person on the train every day (anyone) but they have no significance for us nor we for them - but there is someone close to them (and us) who does - as anyone is to noone. We just get on with our own lives, and even in these lives events come and go - maybe some are significant at the time but these are seldom remembered for long, except when with those who are close to us. Isn't this true of every life and every generation, and, what's to make it change?