The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #511
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I hope it's just garden variety shitty ankle syndrome. That's why I keep a spare...
Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #512
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Let us know how the scans go, ortho.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #513
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #514
glatt

I need to be watching more of Louis CK. He rocks.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #515
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

He is super funny. But. I watched a couple episodes of his regular "show", he has a show, y'know. It was not pleasant. All about how awkward things were as he tried to find a romantic connection after divorce. It was ugly and unfunny.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #516
Clodfobble

His show is different from his standup, yes. It's ugly, but the whole point of it is that there is beauty in ugly. One of my favorite episodes is where he is briefly hired as a sitcom writer, and gets fired because he is trying to make a show that is essentially like his actual show you are watching, and the producers would rather bring Bob Saget in deliver cheesy family one-liners instead. The episode where he carries a baby duck around Iraq made me tear up. It was ugly and beautiful.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #517
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

It's a sad and beautiful world

Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #518
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

So, last year my sister went to the doctor. She's been complaining of occasional dips in her blood pressure, dizziness, headaches, weariness or getting extremely tired, and lack of energy. So, the doctor said, let's see if something's wrong with you or it's life getting you down. A week later, my sister came back for blood results. The doctor informed her that she nothing is wrong with her. She said to take vitamins, exercise, and come back in 3 months. Hahahaha.....and yeah, my sister never came back. She thought it'd be a waste of time and money.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #519
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
His show is different from his standup, yes. It's ugly, but the whole point of it is that there is beauty in ugly. One of my favorite episodes is where he is briefly hired as a sitcom writer, and gets fired because he is trying to make a show that is essentially like his actual show you are watching, and the producers would rather bring Bob Saget in deliver cheesy family one-liners instead. The episode where he carries a baby duck around Iraq made me tear up. It was ugly and beautiful.

Is that the show you mentioned when we were discussing the differences between British and American comedy styles?

The two Js were over here a couple of hours ago and they were raving it. They've got the first couple of series downloaded so J is bringing it round next time they come
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #520
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

The radiologist says the foot issue is a stress fracture. Hooray! I drank a toast to stress fractures last night. Now I'm more confident about the hip pain. Guess that study program won't go to waste after all.

(And no thanks to stupid Arimidex. A fracture after being on it only two months? WTF.)
Old 03-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #521
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You know you've had a bad couple of years if you're cheering for a fractured foot :p
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #522
orthodoc

I know ... but think how much higher I now get to climb on the happiness scale. I can only go up from here! So I'm toasting the fracture!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #523
orthodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Hahahaha! Now I know what I have - Incurable Shitty Foot Syndrome. And from now on I will stretch it every day, and this will be a new thing I do. I'll probably skip the 10 Aleve per day, though. I like my kidneys.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #524
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
Is that the show you mentioned when we were discussing the differences between British and American comedy styles?

The two Js were over here a couple of hours ago and they were raving it. They've got the first couple of series downloaded so J is bringing it round next time they come
Yes, that's the one! Let me know what you think when you see it. I want to confirm whether I know your taste like I think I do. (I also predict that Foot & UT would like it, Griff & Lola would hate it, and Sundae would mostly like it except for the darkest bits...)
Old 03-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #525
glatt

Hey Ortho, I'm happy for you that you broke your foot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
philadelphia cream