The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Dick Cheney

The name almost says it all. Apparently, Mr. Cheney is upset that Obama hasn't bombed anyone new since the last administration.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...use-hits-back/

Cheney said the president wasn't serious enough about the war on terror. If he means the president didn't prove he was serious enough by invading another country and opening a third front, he was correct.

I think it was right to not ratchet this incident up the same way I think it was right to keep the shoe bomber incident low key. The fact is that 'lone wolf' individuals are always a risk. This is true of assassins and terrorists.

The administration has already turned it's eyes and ears towards Yemen and Somalia. We should never have taken our eyes off Yemen after the USS Cole was attacked in 2000.

IMO, Cheney is a backstabbing political hack. I don't recall a former VP back seat driving a following administration to this degree, especially to the point of attempting to kneecap a sitting president.

Dick should go back to his house, write his memoirs of being a 'wartime VP', and dust off and count his deferments from Vietnam.
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
I personally would support a party where we rosted his ass over a very hot fire and served him as a meal to the poor of New Orleans.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I personally would support a party where we rosted his ass over a very hot fire and served him as a meal to the poor of New Orleans.
Roasted Dick Cheney? Haven't those people suffered enough?
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Not yet. We need to shoot him in the face. Then I will feel like all is fair. But this time let's finish the job. Ummmm ok?
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Not yet. We need to shoot him in the face. Then I will feel like all is fair. But this time let's finish the job. Ummmm ok?
I keep forgetting about the face shooting, which he promptly blamed on the victim. It really is more dangerous being Dick Cheney's friend than his enemy.

It's sort of pathetic watching his daughter try to spin his legacy. I think she's trying to be the less hot looking more radical American version of Alessandra Mussolini.
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
I say we send Ole Dick on a good will mission to the most radical area of Pakistan.

By himself.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I say we send Ole Dick on a good will mission to the most radical area of Pakistan.

By himself.
Ole Dick will tell you himself. He's not worried about Pakistan, the real trouble is in Iraq. That's why he put %90+ of our resources there (and took %90+ of our casualties).

Bin Laden, Schmin Laden, aren't you glad we went to all this trouble to take down Saddam?
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 21,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
Ole Dick will tell you himself. He's not worried about Pakistan, the real trouble is in Iraq. That's why he put %90+ of our resources there (and took %90+ of our casualties).

Bin Laden, Schmin Laden, aren't you glad we went to all this trouble to take down Saddam?
Ha, the old smoke and mirrors (wrings hands and laughs maniacally)
__________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones who need the advice.
--Bill Cosby
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
... I don't recall a former VP back seat driving a following administration to this degree, especially to the point of attempting to kneecap a sitting president.
...
It's the kind of behavior that repubicans used to label "unpatriotic".
__________________
"I'm certainly free, nay compelled, to spread the gospel of Spex. " - xoxoxoBruce
Spexxvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
It's the kind of behavior that repubicans used to label "unpatriotic".
Yea, but now the Demoncrats are doing it.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 1,512
The change is Dickie is amazing. Remember how we never heard or saw him while he was pulling George's strings? When Dubya finally grew a brain and clipped those strings (roughly a month before they left office), Trickie Dickie suddenly had a lot to say, didn't he?

Get over yourself, Cheney. Your time is done. Today you are nothing more than an irrelevant pimple on the ass of America.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
The change is Dickie is amazing. Remember how we never heard or saw him while he was pulling George's strings? When Dubya finally grew a brain and clipped those strings (roughly a month before they left office), Trickie Dickie suddenly had a lot to say, didn't he?

Get over yourself, Cheney. Your time is done. Today you are nothing more than an irrelevant pimple on the ass of America.
But he is taking a page from Bush number 1 and grooming his daughter for the White House.
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: little town (but not the littlest) in texas
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
But he is taking a page from Bush number 1 and grooming his daughter for the White House.
The gay one that is going to hell for choosing a life of sin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took such a hypocritical path, I kinda expect it actually.
__________________
Addicts may suck dick for coke, but love came up with the idea to put a dick in there to begin with.
-Jack O'Brien
morethanpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #14
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
The gay one that is going to hell for choosing a life of sin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took such a hypocritical path, I kinda expect it actually.
No, that's Mary. The daughter in politics is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Cheney is not openly gay. She has a husband and children.
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: little town (but not the littlest) in texas
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
No, that's Mary. The daughter in politics is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Cheney is not openly gay. She has a husband and children.
:p
__________________
Addicts may suck dick for coke, but love came up with the idea to put a dick in there to begin with.
-Jack O'Brien
morethanpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.