The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

October 28, 2011 Lions Abound

Kitty or Kid? I couldn't decide, so here are both!

via That Cute Site
CaliforniaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Those pics are cute.

and I'm not lion.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
tracey
Non-Newbie Sort

Hello people of The Cellar! I have been eavesdropping in the Cellar for about 8 years now, and never posted anything...don't really know why. I finally have something to say, ask actually. Why doesn't Bruce post the daily image anymore? A while back there was a dry spell of no pictures at all, now, no Bruce...what happened?
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

AFAIK - He's taking a breather now that he retired from his job IRL.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hi tracey!

stick around. post a picture of your own, wontcha?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
monster
I hear them call the tide

Eventually someone posted a recipe for xoxoxobruce himself .......and it was very good
Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I tried to do my part for several months right after Undertoad gave up the job way back when, but it's surprisingly hard work coming up with an interesting image every day. Sucks the calcium out of your bones and eventually you are wobbling like a rubber chicken... or something like that. Bruce is just recalcifying, that's all.

You should post an image yourself, tracey! Or better yet, come on over to the rest of the board and say hi. You know there's more to this place than just the IOTD, right?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Amen! And in addition, people complained about some xoB images, which makes it harder to try to come up with something the next day. It's enough to put in effort to come up with things, but then people have beef with you for something you posted, it can become a drag.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
hipshot
Enlarged to show texture

Welcome to your next step of cellar existence, Tracey! I too am a lurker who contributes once in a long while. I also appreciate Bruce, UT, Clodfobble and now CaliMama for the great work they do to keep us all up to date with the latest images.

You are a great bunch of people, people! (And, cute animal pix for Friday, as usual...)
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Does the kitteh one come in basic black?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I feel chagrined.

I used to give bruce a hard time b/c he would post macho or male-centric images sometimes. I shouldn't have done that - but I truly did mean it in good fun. I suppose it IS a drag when you are doing all the work and some people just sit around and bitch and moan about it.

I'm sorry bruce!!

I appreciate you, Calimama!!

I appreciate you, too, Mr. Toad!!

thank you for your hard work and dedication, all.

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey View Post
Hello people of The Cellar! I have been eavesdropping in the Cellar for about 8 years now, and never posted anything...don't really know why. I finally have something to say, ask actually. Why doesn't Bruce post the daily image anymore? A while back there was a dry spell of no pictures at all, now, no Bruce...what happened?
Tracey,

I'd like to have a word with you.....

don't worry, I'm nice to female newbs. even the creepy lurker ones....

I kid. Have you been lurking just the IoTD or the whole site? I would like to pick your lurker brain about how you can manage to, or maybe just why, you keep your silence for 8 years. I mean... that's how long I've been participating... (lumberjim registered Oct, 03)

Do you read the cellar on a daily, or ... what?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Nirvana
Back in 10

why is Penis Pam the only other person that has visited Tracey's profile? [and me]
Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Amen! And in addition, people complained about some xoB images, which makes it harder to try to come up with something the next day. It's enough to put in effort to come up with things, but then people have beef with you for something you posted, it can become a drag.
Wow, people gave you a hard time? I guess I missed all that.

I lurked for a long time. Joined. Really enjoyed the rest of the site, but got too sucked in, or life got too demanding, and I had to pull out. Still wore my Cellar t-shirt, though, which got lots of attention!

When I poked my head back in there were just a few random posted pics. I didn't know what happened, but stuck my toe in the water. Then my foot . . .

I love doing the images! Sometimes, I feel guilty for posting something that I don't think is up to the Cellar standard . . . (not looking for reassurance - I'm just one step below a perfectionist).

I have so many files and links and saved images that I could never post them all. I love the creativity and the challenge of what I think the day calls for.

The only crap I got was for the sexist library dude. I'm such an innocent. I was like "that was wrong? It seemed so right." I treasure the guidance of the Dwellars, though! I'm still running on my learner's permit.

Doing the IoTD really starts my day off on the right foot. Thanks for letting me play in your sand box!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #15
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You are appreciated ... don't doubt that! I think that it's cool that doing the IOTD is bringing you joy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote