The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #61
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Is Paul better? Does he still have both thumbs?
ah yes....thanks for asking, here is an after shot. took it last night while changing his dressing.

on another note, we just got back from Academy sports and i sighted in the bow for him. i really like it too. i just might have to buy me one! (and yeah, i still have all my digits!)
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #62
glatt

I was curious about this injury, because it seems so easy for someone to injure themselves this way, and I see from a google search that an alarming number of people have had exactly this accident.

I also see some crossbow manufacturers have safety switches you have to hold down with the thumb of your supporting hand before it will fire. The switch is located well out of the path of the amputating string. That's a smart idea. I bet all of them will have that in a few years.

I also read about a few different ways you can fuck yourself up real good with a crossbow. It sounds pretty dangerous if you don't read up about it and pay really close attention to what you are doing. Be careful!

(Like if it slips out from under your foot when you are cocking it, and it's under a lot of tension, the whole thing can spring back into your face and break a nose or take an eye.)
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #63
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah but they're hell on zombies.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #64
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I was curious about this injury, because it seems so easy for someone to injure themselves this way, and I see from a google search that an alarming number of people have had exactly this accident.

I also see some crossbow manufacturers have safety switches you have to hold down with the thumb of your supporting hand before it will fire. The switch is located well out of the path of the amputating string. That's a smart idea. I bet all of them will have that in a few years.

I also read about a few different ways you can fuck yourself up real good with a crossbow. It sounds pretty dangerous if you don't read up about it and pay really close attention to what you are doing. Be careful!

(Like if it slips out from under your foot when you are cocking it, and it's under a lot of tension, the whole thing can spring back into your face and break a nose or take an eye.)
yeah, this bow has like a 300lb draw. cocking it takes effort. paul has a tough time with it. i want to buy it off of him so he can get a lighter tension one. that and my history makes it such that i can't own a firearm anymore. i miss hunting. what sucks though is that i LOVE bird hunting and well....that's out the window.

zombies suck griff! these bolts will go straight though'em and they will need to be covered in salt to be stopped. just you wait.....the apocalypse is coming! in december...i read the book! mayan calendar doesn't lie!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #65
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Thanks for the warning - sadly I scrolled upwards so caught the photo before reading it.
Serves me right for coming into a thread with this title.

Poor bloody chap. Best wishes to him.
^^everything she said.

plus fucking ouch.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #66
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Blood test today for various things I'm not discussing here yet.
Lovely nurse; fast, efficient and got it first time (not a given as my veins roll, apparently).

But the usual ouchie on removing the plaster.

So it's not a screw up and the blood is pooled below the surface.
But this seemed the best thread for it.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #67
glatt

Nice bruise!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #68
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ack! nope, perfect place for it sundae! does look painful!