The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #31
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's just a way for two people in a busy world to get together and have a conversation for a half-hour with a pleasant beverage.

they could have a lager together but that seems like a deeper commitment, a capucchino is a half-hour and that's it
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #32
jaguar
whig

I think it implies there are other types of coffee. Starbucks, undoubtedly not satisfied with bastardising normal coffee beyond recognition have probably created some kind of solid version over on the Dark Continent.

Largar leads to chips, chips (or crisps or whatever they call them here now) leads to largar and the whole viscious cycle leads to a kebab with chilli sauce at 3 in the morning in Peckham.

keeping the subscript theme going here

Last edited by jaguar; 05-16-2005 at 09:27 AM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Naw, man, the French invented dark roast and latte and capuccino (or however that is spelt). It seems only America has perfected the social side of such a sophisticated beverage. If there is a better excuse for two people to chat each other up in person in your city, please tell us what it is.

and then take advantage of it
Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 AM   #34
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Italians have many different types of coffee. Cortado, machiatto, espresso... and did you know the plural for cappucino is cappucini?

scared and slightly confused
Old 05-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #35
jaguar
whig

Quote:
America has perfected the social side of such a sophisticated beverage.
.....they don't call it parisian cafe society for nothing. I assume you're being sarcastic. Damn the internet.

fear not grasshopper, a wise man once said the path to tranquility begins with small font sizes
Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Just think, if you got together for a baked brie sandwich and Orangina, you could discuss how dunderheaded I am.

very dunderheaded indeed
Old 05-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #37
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
Italians have many different types of coffee. Cortado, machiatto, espresso... and did you know the plural for cappucino is cappucini?

scared and slightly confused
There you go. Now you did it to me. You said the first thing that came to my mind with that french comment. I am of italian decent afterall.

There is a saying that Eskimos have dozens of names for snow. So is it for coffee in Italian. It fact, I'm going to go fire up my Gaggia right now.......

Old 05-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #38
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
I think it implies there are other types of coffee. Starbucks, undoubtedly not satisfied with bastardising normal coffee beyond recognition have probably created some kind of solid version over on the Dark Continent.
We drive past several Starbucks to get our Peet's. Discriminating SF Bay Area espresso drinkers love Peet's!

http://www.peets.com/
Old 07-20-2019, 04:17 AM   #39
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhead
the best way I ever detoxed was taking a couple of gingerbaths and eating nothing but fruit and raw veggies, with a shot of cider vinegar every day and drinking nothing but green tea (all of course bought from either the farmers market or the local heathfood store)for 10 days. felt great afterwards.. then it was back to the re-toxifying.
I think the best way is to use MMS which I really want to do...

www.mms-supplement.com

Im believe I have damage to my immune system.. I have an auto immune disease I think was caused by this big pharma garbage!! (Vaccines -- They can fuck up your immune sytem)

Alot of people have had excellent results with it and I have been wanting to try it for months but havent gotton round to ordering any yet......

Last edited by Dude111; 07-20-2019 at 04:24 AM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #40
jaminhealth
Banned

Dude, I know you believe in MMS and I looked at it years ago but didn't jump on it...I do take MSM for many yrs though....and Grape Seed Extract for 25 yrs, how I'd be without , I don't want to know.

But vaccines are not in my health arsenal.
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:43 AM   #41
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yup since I posted that reply I do have MMS now..... Its easy to mix and works quite well.........

I hear ya though........
Old 10-11-2020, 01:02 AM   #42
Ibby
erika

MMS as in.. bleach? that MMS?
Old 10-11-2020, 01:06 AM   #43
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Its a light bleach compound........ They try to scare people into not using but when you know what it can do for you,you know why they are!!
Old 10-11-2020, 02:24 AM   #44
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And just how do you know what it can do for you?
An ad by some company trying to sell you something?
Some asshole on the internet says so?

Quote:
The compound has been fraudulently marketed as an ingestible cure for a wide range of diseases, including childhood autism[6] and COVID-19.[7][8][9] Children who have been given enemas of chlorine dioxide as a supposed cure for childhood autism have suffered life-threatening ailments.[6] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that ingestion or other internal use of chlorine dioxide (other than perhaps oral rinsing under dentist supervision) has no health benefits and it should not be used internally for any reason.[10][11]
Old 10-11-2020, 10:30 AM   #45
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I know a woman who gave it to her kid. Fucked him up. There are no miracle cures, and MMS is not good for you--and I say this as someone whose kids take far more supplements than even jamin does. Over-the-counter stuff can have legitimate value, but it has to be 1.) from a very reputable source, 2.) intended for a specific symptom of illness, not general "wellness," and 3.) constantly reassessed for the measurable improvements it may or may not provide. For everything that worked, there was another one that didn't do anything, and far, far more that we never even gave the time of day because it was unsubstantiated and reckless.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote