The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-21-2015, 12:52 AM   #76
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

If extremists were thinking as adults, then their hate would focus on Belgiums. Belgium was the source of terrorism. But political handlers have told extremists to hate Syrians. Syrians are easier targets for hate.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #77
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:

French authorities have said
the attacks were planned in Brussels by a local man, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 28, who fought for Islamic State in Syria and was killed in a police siege of an apartment in the Paris suburb of St. Denis on Wednesday.
[Bold mine]

We'd like to be reasonably sure that people like him don't get into the US by posing as refugees in Syria. A fake family and credentials are easy to assemble and manufacture respectively.

You seem to have a problem with that and are selectively presenting information to deliberately obfuscate the whole truth. You behave like a propagandist.

Tw, you sound un-American. Tw, are you a jihadist sympathizer?

Tw, this is why developmentally impaired people such as yourself have to put some extra effort into thinking about what they say before they say it; so, they don't disgrace themselves.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #78
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
We'd like to be reasonably sure that people like him don't get into the US by posing as refugees in Syria. A fake family and credentials are easy to assemble and manufacture respectively.
Hundreds of felons are killing Americans in greater numbers every week. But wacko extremists fear the rare terrorist. Even when immigrants are already sufficiently vetted.

Not good enough for extremists brainwashed by rhetoric. We must ban them all. Resulting emotion and hate says Mexicans, Syrians, and Belgium are trying to kill us all. Why did he not also include evil Canadians? His handlers have not yet told him to hate Canadians.

Easier is to brainwash a poorly educated extremist into hating Syrians. America needs immigrants. Immigrants tend to become educated and productive American - therefore become moderates. Extremists hate that.

Simply grab his pee-pee (metaphorically). Then an extremist unleashes a torrent of insults. Another successful experiment. It would be comical if it was not so sad.

An adult who is still a child is that easily identified. Unfortunately these same poorly educated people are also easily brainwash to promote hate - of mythical threats and not existing serious ones.

An adult who is still a child even fears to look under his bed. He might find a terrorist hiding there. Of course that bogey monster will be a Syrian.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #79
sexobon

Apples and oranges tw. Run of the mill felons don't paralyze major cities; or, entire countries. Terrorists do. That's why they're called terrorist and not just criminals. You lack a basic understanding of the dynamics in play relative to their importance. Being unable to comprehend and assimilate these dynamics, your developmental disability has you dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as being extremist when in fact it has simply made you the extremist, a leftist extremist, with whom we moderates don't identify.

Leftist extremists like you don't care that accepting refugees is defined by law as an act of compassion and we have absolute authority over who we show compassion for. Extremists like you expound on how we must accept others just because they want it and when that doesn't work you tell us that we need them. You're just like George Dubya telling us the Iraqis want us to invade their country and when that doesn't work telling us that they need us to save them. You use extremist rhetoric.

Developmentally impaired leftist extremists like you lump refugees and all other categories of immigrants together in an attempt to push a One Size Fits All Immigration Policy. That's what terrorists dream about. They are after all, you know, whacko like you.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #80
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
<snip>To plunk them in Detroit, where they don’t have the support of a community similar to themselves,
expecting them to find employment paying enough for a family to live on,
no less rehab an abandon (and likely gutted house), is ludicrous. <snip>
The concept of settling refugees in Detroit was only one of several presented in my earlier post.
I don't remember having previously seen or read about such an idea.
But as this tread has developed, I did a search in Google News.
Guess what ! The concept was not original with me.

Here is one article from just last September... It includes a reference to an opinion piece
published in May of 2015: Let Syrians Settle Detroit

It is just a little ironic that the Governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder,
who now is a GOP ringleader of this witch hunt, was a serious advocate
of welcoming Syrian refugees into Michigan, and specifically settling them in Detroit.

Syrian refugees eager to build new lives in metro Detroit
Detroit Free Press - Niraj Warikoo, - September 30, 2015
Up to 100 Syrian refugees have arrived in Michigan this year, with more expected in coming months.

Quote:
Gazing through his living room window in a quiet block in Garden City,
a 48-year-old Syrian refugee ponders his new life in America.
"In Syria, there's no safety; it's too dangerous," Moustafa Assad said
from a sparsely furnished home he rents, with his two sons sitting next to him on his couch.
"At least here, it's safe for them. There's no war. ... I want to stay here
for my kids' future so they can go to school and learn."

Assad's hopes are echoed by up to 100 Syrian refugees who have arrived in Michigan this year,
one of almost 1,500 who came to the U.S. in 2015, fleeing Syria's four-year civil war and refugee camps.

In Michigan, state officials, elected representatives and Arab-American social service agencies
are keen to welcome refugees, saying they could help the region and repopulate areas like Detroit.

An opinion piece in the New York Times in May, cowritten by a Stanford University professor
who called for bringing Syrian refugees to Detroit, has sparked discussion about how refugees could help the city.

"This will add to the population of Detroit," said Haifa Fakhouri, president of the Arab American and Chaldean Council.
"And it will bring economic benefits."

Fakhouri, U.S. Sen. Gary Peters, D-Mich., and Gov. Rick Snyder say the state should be welcoming.
On Tuesday, Snyder said that refugees can be an asset to Michigan's economy,
saying that some of them "were professionals; they were people who hire people and tend to create jobs."

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said through a spokesman that "everyone is welcome in Detroit, including refugees from Syria.
My point is that quite a few government officials and community leaders
have looked into and supported this is as a valid concept for Detroit.

At least until the GOP scare tacticians got busy...
BE AFRAID ... BE AFRAID ... BE AFRAID

Yes, I know. I have cherry picked items for this post.

Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #81
Griff
still says videotape

Syrian Refugees Don’t Pose a Serious Security Threat (Cato)

Of the 859,629 refugees admitted from 2001 onwards, only three have been convicted of planning terrorist attacks on targets outside of the United States, and none was successfully carried out. That is one terrorism-planning conviction for every 286,543 refugees that have been admitted. To put that in perspective, about 1 in every 22,541 Americans committed murder in 2014. The terrorist threat from Syrian refugees in the United States is hyperbolically over-exaggerated and we have very little to fear from them because the refugee vetting system is so thorough.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #82
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
The Gov of Michigan is one of the ringleaders of this witch-hunt.

Imagine how many vacant houses in Detroit could be made into homes by Syrian refugees.
Maybe these refugees would even be willing to fix them up a bit, and pay taxes on them,
and work in the community, and have kids, and join the military, and ... you know,
the same sort of things other refugees have done when given asylum in the US.

( Some might even become Republicans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
The concept of settling refugees in Detroit was only one of several presented in my earlier post.
I think you better reread that post I was responding to. For the convenience of your failing memory, I've brought the entire post here, but go ahead and check, it's post #46, I'll wait. Now please point out these "several ideas" in that post you claim I was ignoring.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #83
sexobon

Griff,

Everyone knows that it's not about security; but, about partisan politics. This is just another venue for that.

Even where partisan politics isn't a factor, the US immigration program is federally administered; but, largely funded at the State level and that becomes a concern because individual resettlement locations are really better off having thousands of refugees, rather than hundreds, to help the community thrive and prevent disaffection of the next generation. We have to provide their financial support until they get on their feet.

There is a legitimate concern that as the US ramps up the number of Syrian refugees it accepts to the tens of thousands that the security screening won't keep up and it needs to be kept up. The procedures are manpower intensive and past performance isn't necessarily a reliable indicator of future performance.

IF we do it right, security concerns are negligible. The major obstacle is that after 9/11, people don't trust the politicians to do it right.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #84
Lamplighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
For the convenience of your failing memory,
I've brought the entire post here, but go ahead and check, it's post #46, I'll wait.
Now please point out these "several ideas" in that post you claim I was ignoring.
I have already replied to that... in post #56

Subsequently, I replied to your statement that the concept was "ludicreous", in post #80.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #85
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

All you did in #56 was twist my words with your interpretation of what you wanted them to really mean.

In #80 you quote my response to your post about giving refugees the abandoned houses in Detroit. Then go into people who are in favor of accepting refugees, which I never disputed, in fact said do it right. Topping it off with a quote from a Syrian who is happy in the suburb of Garden City which is a far fucking cry from the abandoned houses in Detroit.

So once again, your post #46 was an ill conceived idea to which I respond...
Quote:
There was a lot of bitching about the Vietnamese refugees also, because the prolonged war which affected almost everyone. But they had money, and the skills to succeed in a better financial climate.

Syrians, work where? The jobs that allow vacant houses to be rehabbed and pay taxes on the result, have gone to China, Mexico, India. So you bring in refugees with nothing but the shirt on their back, may or may not speak English, then expect them to support themselves and rehab real estate? Lofty goals indeed. There has to be a plan to address those issues if you expect them to integrate and be successful. Otherwise they become destitute and desperate... prime for recruiting by terrorists.

I'm not saying keep them out, I'm saying do it right.
There's no need to cherry pick and twist what I'm saying, it's plain English, and I stand by it.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #86
Lamplighter

I stand by mine too.

Peace
Old 11-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #87
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So you stand by your misinterpretation of what I said and attacks on my intentions and character.

Then no, no peace.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #88
Lamplighter

Old 11-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #89
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

This is how to do it right instead of lampshits stupid plan to dump refugees in abandon Detroit houses.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:57 AM   #90
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Run of the mill felons don't paralyze major cities; or, entire countries. Terrorists do. That's why they're called terrorist and not just criminals. .
Moderates are not threatened by terrorists. An extremist here is so emotional as to fear Syrians ... and Mexicans, and Belgiums, and all Muslims. No wonder extremists knew Saddam had WMDs. Moderates don't promote hate of immigrants. An extremist so fears terrorists as to even not look under his bed. We might learn that his dust balls have Syrian passports.

Any dollar spent by Feds or states means massive increases in this nation's wealth and productivity. These immigrants are needed in all cities and states. Those who need to be told what to believe are fed rhetoric from extremist presidential candidates and 31 anti-American governors. Those politicians target emotional extremists. They know where brainwashing best works.

Terrorists target the amygdala of emotional extremists. Moderates use a pre-frontal cortex to know felons are a greater threat. Moderates know a greater threat exists in movie theaters - not in immigration lines. Rhetoric does not tell moderates what to fear. Syrian bogey men are not hiding under anyone's bed.

How many Muslim dust balls are hiding under sexobon's bed? Adult Americans welcome the tired, poor, and huddled Syrian masses yearning to breathe free. Only wacko extremists fear Syrians. Moderates know what is written on the Statue of Liberty.