The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
dave

Worst Song Ending?

Ever been listening to a song the first time, totally blown away by how great it is... and then, all of a sudden, the end of the song totally sucks? Maybe you're left there, sitting and wondering, "What the fuck were they thinking? Why did they go out like <b>that</b>?"

I've got a couple of them right here for you, and I encourage you to post your own. Just make sure that the song itself is good, but the ending sucks. Totally sucky songs don't count.

<b>Derek and the Dominos - Layla</b> - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What the fuck, Eric? The song ruled beyond comparison until 3:08 in, where it manages to suck for an extended ending of almost <b>four minutes</b>! It just doesn't fit at all. I need to edit the MP3 and just delete that part. The music itself isn't horrible or anything, but it fits about as well as I do in Jenni's pajamas (i.e., not at all).

<b>Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence</b> - It's laughable. It's so laughable, they've taken it out of all versions subsequent its original release on <i>Violator</i>. For those of you who don't know it, after the song ends, about five seconds of silence and then, in this really fucking dorky voice, the words "Enjoooooooy The Siiiiiiiiiiiilenceeeeeeee". You have to hear it to understand. It's the most fucking retarded thing ever. I know I've bitched about it here before, but really. It's such a great goddamn song, and then THAT. Ugh.

So, what others? I know there must be more out there.