The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #31
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Trump on immigration: "Build a wall, 2000 miles long. Have Mexico pay for it." No, I don't have a cite, look it up. Lots of people say it can't be done. But my personal good friend, Ron White *has* done the math on this project. Here you go:

ZO5EFYY6P14

forgot the youtube tags, sorry.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #32
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'd vote for him in a hot second.
(That was my sarcasm voice)
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.

Last edited by fargon; 08-25-2015 at 09:53 AM.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #33
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
I'd vote for him in a hot second.
Trump is simply doing what Hitler also did to become popular. He hyped soundbytes embodied with hate. It works on extremist who know only from their feelings. Hitler also said to disparage the intelligent people so as to inspire his wacko extremist and lower intelligent followers. Trump is simply appealing to similar people who know only from their feelings - inspired by a 'them verses us' mentality. Not from being educated and first learning facts.

BTW, Carly Fiorina also uses that tactic - just not as well. She has to be one of the dumbest executives I ever met. Others who worked with her in Lucent say same.

What kind of person bankrupts four companies and gets rich? Evil scammers. Strange. Trump did same. Fiorina almost did that in HP. Just a few examples of facts forgotten and ignore by adults who only entertain their emotions - cannot be bothered to first learn facts.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #34
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

If Grandpa Joe runs, this is going to be the greatest election of all time.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #35
it
Banned

You know Trump winning the presidency isn't as unlikely as people seem to think... He is in the lead of most republican polls, and the 8 year turnover rule has had very few exceptions since the current two-party system solidified. I hear a lot of over confidence among democrats regarding Hilary, which makes me wonder how many would end up thinking it's a sure thing and passing on the voting booths.

Also: On Israel's behalf - we can't even deal with Gaza, how the f' are we going to deal with Florida?
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #36
Griff
still says videotape

If the Dems roll with Hillary, they may just loose to Trumpenutter. Man what an awful pair of candidates. Who is the Greenie this time?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #37
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sorry, you live in Pennsylvania so no third party candidates will be appearing on your ballot.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

ouch
Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yes as long as Wolf goes along with his plan to challenge the court decision

~ I am no longer available to the movement to work to convince him not to do this ~
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #40
Griff
still says videotape

Stay classy Pennsyltucky.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Classy? Why start now?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #42
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

You called?

No to Hitlery. The email situation is beyond ridiculous.
Bringing out Uncle Joe is the backroom dealers insurance policy candidate.
There is no one on the R side I would want to vote for, but I'd vote for every one of them over Killary - that woman is pure evil.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #43
it
Banned

You know, I don't think the true potential for drama in this race is fully realized yet - Melania Trump and Bill Clinton could make some really beautiful babies.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #44
glatt

I haven't dug that deeply into the Hillary email thing. My general impression is that she has handled this poorly and it may cost her the presidency. But I did skim an article this morning, and have come to the conclusion that what she did was irregular, but nowhere near as bad as her detractors are saying. The "classified" emails she had on her private server were not classified when they were put there. They were designated as being classified long after the fact.

You can't retroactively make something illegal and then expect to nail somebody for it when it was legal at the time.

But we still have the issue of using a private server for government emails. That's very irregular. The only conclusion I can draw is that she wanted complete control and the ability to delete stuff she didn't want to be public. I can't approve of that. So I won't be voting for Hillary in the Virginia primary if Bernie Sanders is still in the running.

I don't know who I'll vote for in the general election. Too far off and I don't know who will be on the ballot. Like 90% of the population, I have a strong tendency to vote for my own team though. I can't think of any scenario where Trump would get my vote. I'm amazed he's doing so well and hasn't dropped out yet. Is he really going to keep at this?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes, he will, You can't keep a good ego down. Think about what he has, everything money can buy. Now add the adoration of the masses which has always been out of reach, especially all the people he's fucked over, and it's irresistible.