The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I don't care who you are.
To have shared here you must be one of us.

Which means we share your hurt. As has been shown.
Dwellars can sometimes be right arses. But they're often far better than that.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #17
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Any updates, anon? How are things going?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
anonymous
Operations Operative

He's still living here in the spare room. We avoid each other mostly. The plan is for him to find somewhere else after xmas.

I am doing ok. Just lining up all my ducks. Sorting out paperwork with social security. Things change here when you separate a household tax wise, so its important to get that sorted out, and creates an official.date for legal purposes.

I have sort of broached it with the little kids. I think they will be fine. Hes hardly ever here anyway. The big kids are not too worried. They just go along with the flow.

Anyone who couldnt figure it out before should be able to do so now i suspect.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #19
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

The little and big... made me *think* I know who it is.. if I am correct- then I know from other posts: you have tried talking many times- vented even more, and cried your heart out a time or twenty... Sometimes we have to do what is best for our own sanity- the kids are very resilient, and they honestly would rather a happy single mom, than a sad, angry married mom. The little ones will be fine, and the big kids- well chances are they saw this coming, and know you well enough to know you did not go into this lightly. Keep the bashing to yourself or in small anonymous rants,-- and they will see you as the bigger person in the end Good luck hun.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #20
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I probably don't need to be incognito anymore. He is moving out in the next week or so, and honestly, I have decided I don't care if he reads what I post here anymore. I am just so fed up with it all. He still seems unable to initiate any kind of discussion about anything, so I guess when it's all said and done, I will be the bad one because I'm the one that will be organising everything. i have even found him somewhere else to live, but I doubt he'll ever recognise any of the things I do for him, even when he is living alone. I suspect it's what he's wanted for a long time now and will not be surprised if he says that I was right about that after some time passes.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #21
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

My thought - just take care of yourself, Ali. You found him a place to live, which is more than could be expected of you ... but you owe it to yourself and your children to make sure that you are managing. One step at a time.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #22
Aliantha

Thanks Ortho. I am doing my best. My stress is very high at the moment, but that's natural. I'm trying to remember to take my BP medication. haha I think things will work out one way or another. For now I just need to find the right path and head down it for a bit. I think I'll just stick with doing my thing, making cakes and just moving forward. One day at a time for now.

I think things will be easier once he moves his stuff out and I can just start managing this house how I would like to have been doing all along.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
...will not be surprised if he says that I was right about that after some time passes.
Yeah, that bitch threw me out. Really, she's so vicious she even arranged for a place. No shit, did it so she could force me out of my house. Really mate, when she was done using me, she threw me away. I swear, she made all the arrangements like a pro, like it was her job.
Another beer mate?
But deep down she still wants me, mate. You wait, she'll come crawling back when she realizes what she's lost.

The above scenario was brought to you by the Devil' Advocate, pointing out any story can be twisted to suit ones delusions. So he may never understand what happen or why you got fed up. Of course that has no bearing on your plans, just saying don't expect too much.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #24
Aliantha

Well he seems to be having enough counselling to break the bank, so who knows. Maybe it will help. I hope so, for his sake above all. He isn't happy and really, I don't think he ever has been since we met, and probably before that. He's just become good at hiding his sadness and dissatisfaction from everyone.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #25
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
OTOH, you make seriously kick-ass roses.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #26
glatt

I wish you were local, because I would buy a cake from you for my wife's birthday each year.

I have no splitting up advice. Just basic stuff like keep focusing on what's important. You, your kids, the household. Keep moving forward. I'm sorry it didn't work out with this guy, but you can't change other people. So just keep doing what you can to move forward. Based on what I'm seeing you post, you have got your shit together and know exactly what you need to do. So keep up the good work, even though it's stressful and hard.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #27
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Sorry to hear this, Ali.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

((((hugs)))) Ali. Like you say, one day at a time ...
Old 12-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #29
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
... I asked him to move into a different room last Sunday after discovering stuff on his computer which shocked but didn't surprise me if that makes any sense. He hasn't been having an affair (that I know of). it was something else, but equally detrimental to the tenuous state of our marriage. ...
So you found out he has a Fetlife profile. Others here do too, maybe he even knows some of them. It must have something to do with cupcakes so now you don't trust him around yours and he has to move out. Steer his counselling towards baked goods that you don't sell like croissants or English muffins. Keep trying alternative bakery until something cheers him up and you can reconcile.

Well, my work here is done. I'm off to reunite Maria Carey and Nick Cannon. Rumor has it she may be in a bakery situation too.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 AM   #30
Aliantha

Today husband packed up his stuff ready for the truck tomorrow. I guess shit just got real. Never thought I would be in this position again in my life.

Oh well.