The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #31
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene
I use to be so jealous of those kids with the nice plastic lunch boxes with a matching thermos. I had this old metal one with Rainbow Brite on it or some such.
From kinder to second, I went to a private school where bringing your own lunch wasn't an option (nobody had food allergies back then,) and they would physically make everyone take a bite of nasty-ass overcooked spinach when it was served.

From 3rd to 6th, I went to a public school that had this rule that you could not buy more than one chocolate milk carton. So I had my mom send an empty bottle in my soft-sided lunchbox, and I would buy one chocolate and one white milk and mix them together so that I had twice as much chocolate milk.

Once I got to junior high they offered random crap beyond the balanced tray meals, like Frito pie and chocolate chip cookies. So I ate that every single day for 3 years, until my friends were old enough to drive and we would go off-campus.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #32
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I don't understand this thread. Is there something important going on?
Oh God, you just encapsulated my entire Cellar experience in that post.

That's exactly how it feels when I don't have time to come around often enough to keep up with things.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
From kinder to second, I went to a private school where bringing your own lunch wasn't an option (nobody had food allergies back then,) and they would physically make everyone take a bite of nasty-ass overcooked spinach when it was served.

From 3rd to 6th, I went to a public school that had this rule that you could not buy more than one chocolate milk carton. So I had my mom send an empty bottle in my soft-sided lunchbox, and I would buy one chocolate and one white milk and mix them together so that I had twice as much chocolate milk.

Once I got to junior high they offered random crap beyond the balanced tray meals, like Frito pie and chocolate chip cookies. So I ate that every single day for 3 years, until my friends were old enough to drive and we would go off-campus.
School cafeteria food was abysmal in all 6 of the elementary schools I went to...except for the first one where my aunt was the cook for some 30 kids from K-6. Food there was good. Jr. High got significantly better...I bought funyuns and blue slushie every day until I had the flu one day and I haven't had funyuns or blue slushie since.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
SamIam

My only question is was he a Shite or a Sunni?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Bags on the East Coast, Sacks in the Midwest. Not sure what they are in the actual West.

Then there's the whole Lunch Box/Pail/Bucket conundrum.

Mine was always a Lunch Box. With Batman, Green Hornet, the Monkees, Apollo Program (I think, or maybe my friend had that one), and the "new" US Mail logo when that came out in the early 1970s.

Wow. Leads me to wonder if I have any old me with a lunchbox pics? I'll have to take a look.

My current lunchbox is HelloKitty, which should not come as a surprise to anyone. My alternate lunchbox is an LLBean one, with an embroidered moose. The design was discontinued.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote