The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

True dat. Having to wear sun glasses night and day or be blinded by the photographers. Heaven help you if you ever pick your nose or trip on something. Is it any wonder these people get a distorted view of there own importance?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #17
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Hey guys, I didn't CHOOSE this. It's an accident of birth. Believe me, I would love to be ordinary.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #18
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Hopefully she'll go back: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #19
rkzenrage

Fame is actually very unpleasant, but you have to work at it. Most working actors just live a normal life most of the time, except for a month or so just as a movie or new show breaks. People in Hollywood leave them alone, it is just when they leave LA and get noticed when things get odd. Most know how to wear things to subtly change their appearance to most but their hard-core fans. It is not hard to do.
To be truly famous, you have to court the nutty press and usually pay someone to do it for you full-time.
Only truly insane people do that. I have been around it, in it, for a while. It was not fun for me... I cannot imagine being the one generating the nuttiness and people acting like children with lobotomies, much less choosing to have that around.
Think about it, DeNero is famous... but you don't see him in People or the really stupid mags going to the grocery store or changing diapers at the beach... why?
Because he does not want to be in them, so he does not go to the places where they hang-out, hang-out with the people who end-up in them, call the photographers to tell them where he will be (yes, even the ones who sue them, spit on them, yell a them, etc, do this... it is a game they all play).
He does not want it, so they leave him alone.
It is all an opera you are watching, the whole thing is staged. Other stars will just walk around the whole thing on the way to the supermarket and not one photographer will take their picture. It is hilarious.
Paris is not famous for no reason, she is on one of the top rated show on television and has two fashion lines, she is not stupid, it is an act... think about it.
I lived in that world... it is like booking a package deal once you get to a certain level "what kind of star do you want to be if you get there".
VERY FEW want to be famous, it is very risky and takes a LOT out of you.
Plus, there is that whole, you-have-to-be-insane factor.
No thanks.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #20
Cloud

sorry, but she is stupid and ignorant, although she may be clever and media savvy.

Did you read that deposition transcript?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #21
Rexmons
- Kavkaz United -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
sorry, but she is stupid and ignorant, although she may be clever and media savvy.

Did you read that deposition transcript?
honestly as shitty as it is to say, i don't blame her. If i was wealthy, and lived in a society where I could just do whatever the fuck I wanted and throw money at problems to make them go away, I would probaby take advantage of it myself.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #22
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Apparently she is going back....not quietly either.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #23
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

Yea, crying for mommy...that's HOT!
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #24
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

RK - it's tougher in the UK. Possibly because we're so much smaller geographically, so everything is concentrated in a way it couldn't be in the US. Genuine working actors are regulary "papped" doing something as ordinary as walking down the street - and not necessarily just those that court publicity or have a new film/ show/ album to promote. If De Niro was in London he would be papped, trust me.

Our press are considered the most disrespectful in the world by many celebrities (this is what I understand from interviews anyway) - a fact that gives me a little hope when we are judged fascist - at least we have a press that are willing to bite the hand that increases circulation

I know this isn't what you were referring to, but thought it worth sharing. In agreement, I am aware that the majority of those in the magazines and papers week-in, week-out do court it. My friend works on the off camera side of film & TV and although I have only anecdotal evidence of that life I have heard enough to know it's courted.

Re the OT - I'm behind the times on this now - last I heard she was 90 mins late for her court appearance. Throw the damned book at her - this is reflecting very badly on world opinion of the American justice system. I've already corrected one typical-bloody-Americans comment today.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #25
rkzenrage

I would mace UK photogs. I've heard how they act from people of my level (unknowns working on stuff with known people).
The idea that people do not have a right to privacy is stupid, there is no other word for it.
I was working on an invention for a while that would make it VERY difficult for someone to take your photo. A hand-held light, not going to be more specific.
I need to start on that again or sell the idea to someone who wants to take it to the next level.
Paparazzi does not help or hamper circulation for films, that is a myth.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I would mace UK photogs.
That would land you in court AND ensure you were followed any time you went out. There's a singer called Jay Kay (Jamiroquoi) who has very little patience with paps and they delight in taunting him to get photos of him raging and attacking cameras. I've heard from someone who was there at one such photo opportunity - I now appreciate the pictures do not tell the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I was working on an invention for a while that would make it VERY difficult for someone to take your photo. A hand-held light, not going to be more specific.
I need to start on that again or sell the idea to someone who wants to take it to the next level.
No - don't say any more and DO do it. Non-celeb actors would eat it up and it would sell like crazy (until the paps got around it, as they inevitably would), It'd certainly be interesting to see who didn't use it...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #27
Cloud

she should have just hired a driver during her probationary period. She can afford it, and it would have been the smartthing to do.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #28
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I thought about that, Cloud. You know, she grew up doing what she wanted any time she wanted, but probably had nannies and shit who had to take her everywhere. As dumb as it is, that is why the Paris's and the Lindsey's don't hire drivers.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #29
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
That would land you in court AND ensure you were followed any time you went out. There's a singer called Jay Kay (Jamiroquoi) who has very little patience with paps and they delight in taunting him to get photos of him raging and attacking cameras. I've heard from someone who was there at one such photo opportunity - I now appreciate the pictures do not tell the whole story.

No - don't say any more and DO do it. Non-celeb actors would eat it up and it would sell like crazy (until the paps got around it, as they inevitably would), It'd certainly be interesting to see who didn't use it...
Dumping a bag of marbles, super-soaker perhaps?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

She needs a Golden Girdle.
Attached Images