The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-01-2004, 09:29 AM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

teacher boffing student again

i wonder why this stuff always makes such a big story when it is a female teacher porking a 14 yr old boy. i imagine that there are male teachers getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar, too, but you don't hear much about it.

is it because she looks like this?:

i don't think the kid will be too emotionally scarred from the incident, do you?
Quote:
Woman, 23, busted for "encounters" with boy, 14

JUNE 28--Meet Debra Lafave. The 23-year-old Florida teacher is facing a host of felony charges for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old male student. According to investigators, Lafave met the boy at Greco Middle School--where she taught reading--and had sex with him in her classroom, Isuzu SUV, and Tampa-area home. A probable cause affidavit prepared by the Marion County Sheriff's Office details Lafave's alleged involvement with the boy, who was interviewed by cops (as was his cousin, who was present for two of the auto encounters). According to the affidavit--portions of which were redacted by investigators--Lafave told the boy that she was "turned on by the fact that having sexual relations with him was not allowed." Since the incidents occurred in different jurisdictions, Lafave has been named in two separate criminal complaints. As such, she has posed for two booking photos: the below left mug shot was snapped at the Marion County lockup, while the picture at right was taken by Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies.
source

Last edited by lumberjim; 07-01-2004 at 01:58 PM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #2
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

It's ridiculous that she's up for a jail sentence. Leave prison for the real criminals.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Even if she does manage to get out of jail time somehow (I don't know how Florida works in this situation), she'll still have to deal with the Court of Public Opinion, as long as there's enough coverage.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
the Court of Public Opinion,
In other words, every teenage boy in the neighborhood will be walking nonchalantly by her house every 15 minutes.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #5
glatt

As LJ mentions, if it were a 23 year old guy going after a 14 year old girl, they would be stringing him up by his balls.

14 years old is really pretty young. What she allegedly did is against the law, and she deserves jail time if she's guilty.

We can't know based on the article, but that boy may be messed up emotionally as a result of this. He could have a future of failed relationship after failed relationship to look forward to as a result of this warped relationship. Then again, he could be happy as hell to get some action. Either scenario is very possible. Boys of that age are very curious about sex, but almost all are still virgins, even in this day and age.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:25 AM   #6
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally posted by Catwoman
It's ridiculous that she's up for a jail sentence. Leave prison for the real criminals.
Are you saying that women should be exempt from statutory rape laws or are you saying that male teachers should be allowed to have s3x with 14 year old female students?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:37 AM   #7
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Hang on one second. This is not a rape allegation. As far as we are aware the boy was perfectly willing, no doubt delighted. Think back to when you were 14. Imagine a nubile young teacher spreading her legs for you in the back of a car. Don't think we'd be screaming rape now, would we?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I know some places will call it rape if the juvenile is below a certain age, regardless of the juvenile's consent. Does Florida do that?

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
lookout123
changed his status to single

all states have an age of consent. it varies between 14 and 18 depending on state. if you taste of the unripened fruit, you will pay.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #10
blue
Operations Operative

I saw this on the news this morning. Is it because she looks like that, well not entirely, she also had a great rack. I think the victim will be OK.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

are you familiar with the term 'statutory'? he can be willing, even initiate it, and she's still guilty. in the US it is illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor. 14 years old is not even close to 18.

that said, if i was the kid, i'd have kept my mouth shut. i didnt read beyond that one page, so i dont know who blew the whistle. anyone?

also, i agree that there should not be jail time served, as she does not pose a physical danger to citizens, but that's just me.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:55 AM   #12
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally posted by Catwoman
Hang on one second. This is not a rape allegation.
s3x with a minor is statutory rape. Legally speaking, minors are not able to grant consent so legally, there is no such thing as consensual sex with a minor. I don't know the legal system in England other than ours is based upon it so it may even be the same in your neck of the woods.

And you didn't answer my question: is it ok for a 23 year old male teacher to bang your 14-year old daughter (hypothetically speaking, of course)?

Oh, and using your logic, if the teacher gave the boy some good weed, it would be ok if he really enjoyed it.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

morally or legally, beestie. yay, weed!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #14
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

The cousin who was in the car with them blew the whistle.

OK - legalities aside, can we agree on a definition of rape? I think it is if the rapee is unwilling, i.e. does-not-want-to. A 14 year old hormone pumped boy is more than likely very-much-want-to-yes-please. Is this still rape?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #15
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by Beestie
And you didn't answer my question: is it ok for a 23 year old male teacher to bang your 14-year old daughter (hypothetically speaking, of course)?

Oh, and using your logic, if the teacher gave the boy some good weed, it would be ok if he really enjoyed it.
I posted the last one before I read this.

I am going to sound awfully hypocritical now but I do think it's different for girls. They get emotionally attached and fall in love and that kind of thing. My experience of young boys is that they just want sex. And she gave it to him. Isn't this every school boy's fantasy? A schoolgirls fantasy is for the 23 year old male hunky teacher to sweep her off her feet and marry her. If he had sex with her then went back to his wife he would have destroyed her fantasy and this may well impact her future relationships. With this scenario, the female teacher fulfilled the boy's fantasy.

And yes to the weed thing, obviously.