The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
JBKlyde
Banned

The Difference Between Infinite and Finite

There is no repetition in any sets finite or infinite. Whether a set is finite or infinite is a matter of "how many" elements are in a set.

Simply put, if a set is finite, you can list the elements in the set and actually finish listing them. A set is infinite if you could never actually finish creating a list of the elements in it.

The natural numbers is an example of an infinite set. You can begin listing them today, say one a second, and never finish, there would always be another to add to the list. The even natural numbers is a subset of the naturals that is also infinite.
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

In accordance with the above, the Trinity is a finite set: therefore, God is finite and not infinite or else God would be called the Infinity instead of the Trinity. Thanks for pointing that out.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
JBKlyde
Banned

God exist out side of time.. the TRINITY is a set principle for man to follow until Jesus returns. Therefore God is infinite because mans days are numbered the soul moves on the body is dust and when time ends the trinity will probably be replaced with a different principle.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
sexobon

If God exists outside of time, then God is finite. An infinite God would exist outside of time and inside of time.

Other creatures have become extinct while man continues to exist. That doesn't mean that man is infinite. Likewise, if man becomes extinct while God continues to exist that doesn't mean that God is infinite.

Jesus is part of the Trinity. If the Trinity will be replaced when time runs out, that means Jesus will be replaced when time runs out. If Jesus can be replaced, then Jesus is not God. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
JBKlyde
Banned

Your mistaking "Godly Principles" for "Human Understanding". God exist out side of Time and he can reach in anytime he wants. Lean NOT on your own understanding and stop trying to twist Godly Principles to Fit your Own Understanding.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
sexobon

Your "human understanding" means that your understanding of Godly principles is no more valid than anyone else's. YOU did the math that proved God is finite. YOU did the math that proved Jesus cannot be God. YOU admitted that your "human understanding" cannot comprehend Godly principles. YOU cast God out of mankind's time. YOU'RE TWISTED. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
JBKlyde
Banned

Infinity Means something will Go ON Forever and Ever. God is Jesus The Father and The Holy Spirit all joined together. And that is the Trinity. It is a "Godly Principle" that was set into motion the day Jesus ascend into heaven and released the Holy Spirit. No-one Knows what Heaven is Like except the ones who have been there. If I had any sort of Power to do what you say I probably would be twisted as you say. How can some simple man "cast God out out of Man Kinds Time". Your F'ull of C'rap. Have Faith it works.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
sexobon

You're the shit for brains who said: "God exist out side of Time and he can reach in anytime he wants." Your God is finite; because, in your mind you cast him out of mankind's time only allowing for visits.

I said: "An infinite God would exist outside of time and inside of time." My God is everywhere (including inside and outside of time), always and forever. My God, the one true God, is infinite.

Faith is something that makes humble people Godly. It's all too often demanded by arrogant shithouse preachers who think they can define God for others. You worship at the alter of Technology which enables you to do this.

REPENT JBKlyde! Your blasphemy is writing checks that your immortal soul can't cash.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
JBKlyde
Banned

Faith is Being Sure of What you HOPE for and Confident of What you Cannot See... You speak of this "One True God" but you have no clue who he is. You Believe there is ONE GOD.. Good even the demons believe that and "SHUTTER."
Old 11-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I said: "An infinite God would exist outside of time and inside of time." My God is everywhere (including inside and outside of time), always and forever. My God, the one true God, is infinite.
So god is defined by String Theory?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
sexobon

You got it bass-ackwards. Strings are defined by God. Why do you think angels play harps?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Strings are defined by God. Why do you think angels play harps?
Not Jewish angels. Their harps don't have strings. So they must have a different god.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
sexobon

Same God, it's just that not all angels can be in the orchestra, some have to be in the choir.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #14
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
Faith is Being Sure of What you HOPE for and Confident of What you Cannot See... You speak of this "One True God" but you have no clue who he is. You Believe there is ONE GOD.. Good even the demons believe that and "SHUTTER."
You're mistaking "Being ... Confident of What you Cannot See" for your "Human Understanding" of "Faith". Lean NOT on your own "HOPE" and stop trying to twist Faith to Fit your Own Understanding.

If I say there is one God, you say "Good even the demons believe that ..." so apparently you know how demons believe: I guess it takes one to know one. REPENT JBKlyde, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #15
JBKlyde
Banned

sexobon you are clearly over step-ing your boundaries I am indirectly quoting the bible here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...w=1024&bih=667

death is an inevitable fact but that dose n't mean we have to bow before it.....
be carefull with that spunk mouth...